Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Design Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by claymin, Apr 8, 2016.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Sweet... It's nice to have choices when it comes to builds like this. Some airframes are somewhat limited. But if there is a will, there is a way, right? I'd slap a flat (6) cylinder on my big Yak if anyone made one. LOL

2. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    I haven't give up yet. have some many project going on. Having to build a new left wing panel. When I laid the first panel out it I ended up with a twist in the wing panel. Could have repaired it but as big as this plane is going to be did not want to risk a failure.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  3. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey @claymin

Glad to see you back at it. . . . . :yesss:. Looking forward to more updates. . . . . :big_yes:.

49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. +1 :way_to_go:

stangflyer likes this.
  5. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

+2

6. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Left wing panel being laser aligned before sheeting installed. Already completed this with the right panel

Attached Files:

stangflyer, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Mounting wings to the center section. some small adjustments to be made. Will be adding wing tip after wing fitting, from tip to tip will be 198'

Attached Files:

8. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Main wheels came in 8" Du-bro

Attached Files:

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    First coat of black primmer on the the cowl Plug. Hopefully will finish sanding, and adding another coat of primmer this evening

Attached Files:

stangflyer, Alky6 and pawnshopmike like this.
  10. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Cowl Plug completed, last coat of paint. I will let it dry until this week end, then it's time to start laying some fiberglass cloth.

Attached Files:

stangflyer, acerc and pawnshopmike like this.