Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Design Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by claymin, Apr 8, 2016.

1. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Cowl ready to be taken off the plug, once I have removed it I will glass the inside with 6oz cloth. Out side will then be filled and sanded,more filling and more sanding

Attached Files:

Alky6, pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  2. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

personally I love them big, airplane that is LOL but I believe the weight you are targeting , might not be realistic, more like 100 lbs to 120 lbs, which would still make it a real floater .

3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Question please do not know for sure but we have weight limit of 82 lbs on our planes in Canada. If you go above that you are no longer insured and you need permission by Maac to fly at a sanctioned field. How are the rules in the USA.

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Over 55 pounds requires inspection and permitting when flown at an AMA field.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  5. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Just weighted it. fuselage,wings cowl,wheels without engine,covering,radio and scale accessories. 35lbs I am still hoping for the 55 to 65 range. Roger you may be right it can easy make the 100 pound mark. Time will tell. I am looking a LED light for the wings and a strobe for the rear.

Jetpainter likes this.