• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLA Engines

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Alrighty then......Had a V2 MLD 70 that set NIB for 3 years. Traded it. Impulse buy cuz I only paid 339.00 to the door. They now sell for 499.00+shipping. The DA 70 I have now is what is replacing the MLD. Came real close to getting an EME 70 and still might. I am finding the 50 to 70cc airframes the "all around best" for what I do and "can" do. Transporting , Field assembly etc....

Sounds almost identical to my situation, had an EME60 sitting on shelf NIB for over a year, got a 92" frame and wanted a twin, umm'd and ahh'd for about a month about do I want the DA70 or EME70, ended up getting the DA, and like you still want to try an EME70, if anything for a comparison.

Maybe next frame :)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sounds almost identical to my situation, had an EME60 sitting on shelf NIB for over a year, got a 92" frame and wanted a twin, umm'd and ahh'd for about a month about do I want the DA70 or EME70, ended up getting the DA, and like you still want to try an EME70, if anything for a comparison.

Maybe next frame :)

I have the EME 60 in a Pilot Edge. Been flying it 4 years now. Really am enjoying it. Best 269.00 engine I ever bought hands down.;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have the EME 60 in a Pilot Edge. Been flying it 4 years now. Really am enjoying it. Best 269.00 engine I ever bought hands down.;)
Duh...didn't realize you were running the EME 60 in your little purple people eater Kelly. You commented on how well you like it. Just out of curiousity, what prop are you running? Do you have an idea (Only for comparison reasons) what your static rpm is? Seem to have plenty of poop upline?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Duh...didn't realize you were running the EME 60 in your little purple people eater Kelly. You commented on how well you like it. Just out of curiousity, what prop are you running? Do you have an idea (Only for comparison reasons) what your static rpm is? Seem to have plenty of poop upline?

After running a DLE 55 with pitts muffler on this plane 154380.jpg for a couple of years I started hearing rumors of a canister that would improve performance. Now every one knows Pro Flow. This plane was lost sitting in storage from being crushed by heavy articles stored above it. I purchased a Korean made yak 54 (do not know the brand) and put the 55 in it with the pitts muffler. This plane was HEAVY almost 19 lbs at take off. The 55 struggled with pull outs. I converted to the pro flow canister and not a "rocket" pull out but a very authoritative pull out was recognized. The prop used in that pic and on the yak was the Xoar 23 x 8 eagle CF tipped. I went from 6800 static to 7100 static. Now enter EME 60 and a new EDGE. Went with the very pro flow the yak had and mated it to the EME with the Mejzlik 24 x 8 evo. After break in I saw 7200 static and an amazing 37.5 lbs thrust. Spool up is excellent and vertical uplines unlimited. Weight of plane just at 16 lbs. Now I am not a firm believer in static because of the engine is not really loaded with the weight of the plane and "drag". Thrust measurements are so much more better!:)
In a nut shell the EME 60 is a real grunting power house for 15 to 17 lb planes.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
After running a DLE 55 with pitts muffler on this planeView attachment 24406 for a couple of years I started hearing rumors of a canister that would improve performance. Now every one knows Pro Flow. This plane was lost sitting in storage from being crushed by heavy articles stored above it. I purchased a Korean made yak 54 (do not know the brand) and put the 55 in it with the pitts muffler. This plane was HEAVY almost 19 lbs at take off. The 55 struggled with pull outs. I converted to the pro flow canister and not a "rocket" pull out but a very authoritative pull out was recognized. The prop used in that pic and on the yak was the Xoar 23 x 8 eagle CF tipped. I went from 6800 static to 7100 static. Now enter EME 60 and a new EDGE. Went with the very pro flow the yak had and mated it to the EME with the Mejzlik 24 x 8 evo. After break in I saw 7200 static and an amazing 37.5 lbs thrust. Spool up is excellent and vertical uplines unlimited. Weight of plane just at 16 lbs. Now I am not a firm believer in static because of the engine is not really loaded with the weight of the plane and "drag". Thrust measurements are so much more better!:)
In a nut shell the EME 60 is a real grunting power house for 15 to 17 lb planes.
Hmmm....interesting. Like yours, My Pilot Edge is at just 16. Static rpm with my DLE 55 is at 7250 with the canister, (not proflow) and I also am at about 37 lbs. static thrust. Uplines are pretty quick... but I wouldn't say not quite rocket fast. I asked about your EME because "IF" I ever do another 50cc'ish airframe, (been thinking about a little 260 airframe that size, (like that would be a shock...LOL) I would like to go with a 60'ish size motor. DLE still has my vote for now. But it is always a swayable vote if another engine, (ZDZ or like) can compare in cost effectiveness. No doubt a 3dub would spank most any motor, but I am really seriously wanting to give ZDZ some serious considerations for upcoming airframes. Joe @Flyrcjoe has got some most bodaciously killer prices on his motors. Dollar for dollar, horsepower for horsepower, they'd be pretty hard to beat. JMO.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hmmm....interesting. Like yours, My Pilot Edge is at just 16. Static rpm with my DLE 55 is at 7250 with the canister, (not proflow) and I also am at about 37 lbs. static thrust. Uplines are pretty quick... but I wouldn't say not quite rocket fast. I asked about your EME because "IF" I ever do another 50cc'ish airframe, (been thinking about a little 260 airframe that size, (like that would be a shock...LOL) I would like to go with a 60'ish size motor. DLE still has my vote for now. But it is always a swayable vote if another engine, (ZDZ or like) can compare in cost effectiveness. No doubt a 3dub would spank most any motor, but I am really seriously wanting to give ZDZ some serious considerations for upcoming airframes. Joe @Flyrcjoe has got some most bodaciously killer prices on his motors. Dollar for dollar, horsepower for horsepower, they'd be pretty hard to beat. JMO.

I have always wanted to try a rotor induction valve engine such as the ZDZ from my many many years of operating YS four strokes.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I liked my inline 80cc ZDZ from many moons ago. But I am sure with the technology that Michale has implemented lately, the rotory "AND" the bottom fed Walbro carb motors are performing in top notch form.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer why don't you try ZDZ instead of DLA? seems a good price medium between the 3dub and DLA option and from all accounts only heard great things about the 112
For a 100 to 120cc sized ship, I am only aware of the DLA and 3W option in a four cylinder design. To my knowledge, no one else offers this configuration. ZDZ's smallest is the 224. DLE: 222. I really want to put a four banger in a 100cc sized airframe.

Last edited: