• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLA Engines

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
From my understanding, the cylinder and piston was also updated. Which now it sounds like from what you all are saying, they have gone back to the drawing board and revamped everything. This "SICK AND TWISTED" Vipers. Sounds like that plane is right up my alley of what I am looking for.

Yep,
Sick and Twisted sounds just like you...................................:spongebob:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
This will make you feel better:) 20150517_173252.jpg Does not need one of theseSnapshot_20150519.JPG

Judge

70cc twin V2
Sorry to digress, but I put three flights on the DLA58 today. Pretty impressed with it. I need to tweak it a bit. The previous owner has the bottom end a little fat, but it makes good power and transitions smoothly. Its got a Xoar 22x10 on it now. I have a Vess 23B coming. It definitely could use a bit more prop on it. But so far, so good.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I bet it would not have a problem turning a 24 x 8 or 9 flavor. And if it is getting backed with a three year warranty that's nice too.

What I am thinking and I said thinking..... Maybe they took the stock of poorly machined cylinders and did a re-bore to get these new displacements. The DLA 112 I had ate itself because the rings snagged the cylinder porting inside. Very first run. Went to set peak RPM and heard a loud squeal and before I could come off wot it seized solid.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sorry to digress, but I put three flights on the DLA58 today. Pretty impressed with it. I need to tweak it a bit. The previous owner has the bottom end a little fat, but it makes good power and transitions smoothly. Its got a Xoar 22x10 on it now. I have a Vess 23B coming. It definitely could use a bit more prop on it. But so far, so good.

Hey .....Lets stay on topic here pal...:laughing:

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Sounds like they didn't do enough internal testing before release of the earlier versions, lets hope they are taking their time to work out any bugs on newer engines before releasing to the market.

Hazmat1

30cc
From my understanding, the cylinder and piston was also updated. Which now it sounds like from what you all are saying, they have gone back to the drawing board and revamped everything. This is good news. Thanks everyone for your input. This is just awesome. @SleepyC, thank you for the input.....will be looking forward to information you get. Thanks also Donnie, @Hazmat1 and @Judge.

I talked with @Terryscustom today. I may skip my original plans and put that DLA four banger in one of the new "SICK AND TWISTED" Vipers. Sounds like that plane is right up my alley of what I am looking for.

Ther DLA 128 is a very nice motor. With any 4 banger, just make sure to duct the cowl and possibly install vents.
Mine is swinging a 30x10 because the 29/10 mejzlik just wasn't enough prop.
I am cutting my firewall back 1" to get perfect alignment for my spinner and should be great on balance.
As soon as I move to my new place(divorce on going) I will get this done and put up some pictures.

Attachments

• slick dla.jpg
    slick dla.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 235