• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLA Engines

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Myself and @emtp275 talked with the DLA rep at Nall. He said they were trying to rebuild there reputation, and went into his sales pitch, sounded promising, but I'll hold off till some of them get into others hands, and see how they perform. Cool thing is, if they do perform well, a local fella in my area became a dealer for them at Nall.

Vital-Rc

50cc
I can only speak for the 116 but the machining and the way the casing match together were better then any GP , eme , dle I've ever seen . The machined crank and rod (german FAG bearings ) were also very nice . I have pics somewhere of the inspection . However the piston and cylinder were garbage, I would put them up there with crrc quality wise . Until they get a new piston / cylinder combo I wont be buying one.

SleepyC

150cc
I spoke to Lee from DLA at Nall as well. He's a nice guy and seems well educated on motors. I'll have more info from him coming soon. But I can say he is offering a 3 year warrentee on his motors. The engines have all been re-worked from previous versions and he services them here in the US.

The guy seemed like a "real" guy not just some dude trying to make a few bucks selling motors.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
BTW there is some of these new DLA engines out there, he was sold out of most of them Thur. afternoon. He also offered install of the bowman ring, if you so choose to change rings. @Hazmat1 are your engines recent purchases?

Judge

70cc twin V2
I decided it was time to burn case again instead of electrons so I picked up a gently used AW Extra 300 with a DLA 58 on it. I also discovered that Lee lives about 4 miles from me as well, so service is close!! I chatted with him today, and I agree with Sleepy, he seems to know his stuff. Just got out of the car returning from the Joe Nall and answered his phones!!

I'll post my impressions after I get a few flights on it. Only has 10 or so flight burning Redline at 40:1. Plane has a 22x10 Xoar on it now. I have a 23B Vess on the way.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I can only speak for the 116 but the machining and the way the casing match together were better then any GP , eme , dle I've ever seen . The machined crank and rod (german FAG bearings ) were also very nice . I have pics somewhere of the inspection . However the piston and cylinder were garbage, I would put them up there with crrc quality wise . Until they get a new piston / cylinder combo I wont be buying one.
From my understanding, the cylinder and piston was also updated. Which now it sounds like from what you all are saying, they have gone back to the drawing board and revamped everything. This is good news. Thanks everyone for your input. This is just awesome. @SleepyC, thank you for the input.....will be looking forward to information you get. Thanks also Donnie, @Hazmat1 and @Judge.

I talked with @Terryscustom today. I may skip my original plans and put that DLA four banger in one of the new "SICK AND TWISTED" Vipers. Sounds like that plane is right up my alley of what I am looking for.

Had a DLA 112 and it ate itself first run. Only paid like 400 for it. What a waste of 400 dollars. Now....That in no way means they are not good engines now. Had a certain 110 shiny motor and it ended up in the same place as the DLA. The 3 premier China engines have stepped up their game and have better engines now. DLA is part of the 3. And what ever happened to that engine manufacturer that had engines that looked like DA's but yellow reed housings??? And Rob....Those Germans.....They too are using DLA engines to make Hybrids like the DA's
If I had the money I would try them. Because none of these engines are really cheap when your talking your own hard kept cash.
They sure make great wall hangers don't they