• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLA Engines

thurmma

150cc
I think you need a 42% Purple Edge to put it in :)
IMG_4257.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok...airframe decided on. Motor should be here first of next week. Servos, hardware and prop on order. Rx. and SF on hand...need to order flight packs, wheels and maybe White Rose tail wheel for this one. Oh and a very cool pilot dude too.

Will do a build thread once everything shows up.:banana-dance:

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Ok...airframe decided on. Motor should be here first of next week. Servos, hardware and prop on order. Rx. and SF on hand...need to order flight packs, wheels and maybe White Rose tail wheel for this one. Oh and a very cool pilot dude too.

Will do a build thread once everything shows up.:banana-dance:

exciting times :D

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
One of our friends bought a DLA 128 four cylinder at Joe Nall and put it in his 2.8m MX2 so I got to try out last week and unfortunately within four flights the engine developed some issues and has been sent back in for service to see what went wrong. Before I got to the field they test ran the engine and it seemed to have very little compression and you could not get it started without an electric starter, in 20 or so years of flying gas engines that is probably the first time I have ever had to start a gas engine with a starter. The choke were both closing and port timing seemed to be good (I had checked that before it put it on the plane) but it just did not want to start easily. Once we did get it started it seemed to run ok for the first flight I had on it. On the first flight he had a 26x12 Mejzlik 3 blade (prop he was using when the plane had the DA-120 on it). You can really feel the weight difference in the airplane over a 120 2 cylinder, you could feel it everything the plane did including mixing, differential, etc...

For the second flight we put a 25x12 mejzlik 3 blade on it and that brought the rpm up to about 6150 and the engine seemed to be much happier there (atleast for a little bit). The airplane flew with a lot more authority and the feel as far as mixing and differential was better (still not as good as the DA-120). I would say it felt like it had maybe the power of a 100 if that. During that flight it sounded like one of the mufflers broke so we landed it and did not think much of it until we turned the prop over and felt/heard something that was No bueno! It felt and sounded like maybe one of the needle bearings let go possibly. I haven't had a chance to follow up with him and see if they have received it back to service the engine but hopefully they can get it fixed up for him.