• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 85

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
You have to upload it to YouTube then post the link in your post. Bit of a pain. Wish we could upload them directly from our video files.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I got a chance to run the DLE 85 this afternoon and take a few readings. Here's what I got using a 26x10 wood prop.
Low end needle was set to 1 1/4 turns out from the stops. Wound up being about 1 1/8. At this setting we were able to get a pretty consistent idle around 1480 - 1500. It would idle at this setting for a few minutes and slowly lose rpms until I had to bump the throttle just a bit to get it back up to speed.

The high end was set initially at 1 1/2 turns out from the stop. I wound up with it 3 1/2 turns out trying to get it to gurgle. It never did. It did hesitate just a bit in transition. About 1/8 turn leaner and the transition was very good. Top rpm was a little disappointing at 6400. The manual says that 7500 is the top speed, but 6400 was all I could get. I took temperature readings after the engine had a chance to reach operating temps and got 225* at the cylinder head and 245* EGT.

The engine is awesome in terms of power. This is one stump pulling beast even at 6400 rpm. Loud is an understatement, but then I don't know what else you would expect from an 85cc engine basically running an open header. The sound is going to be pretty decent in the air in terms of its pitch. I believe it will have the same low growl that it has on the test stand.

If there's any questions you have that I can answer I'll be glad to do what I can to help.

Last edited: