• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Yes, this is a good question. This is something I learned on my own, purely by accident. This is a problem, and I learned to use an old soldering iron, and poke into the hole, and use the side of the iron, to melt the covering onto the side of the hole. This seals it, and no worries of the covering coming undone. Has worked on the the airplanes I have covered doing this, and not once, has the covering come undone in these areas after hundreds of flights.

Great idea. I use my old soldiering iron to remove pin hinges already. Now I have another use for it. Defiantly will try when I cover over holes next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes, this is a good question. This is something I learned on my own, purely by accident. This is a problem, and I learned to use an old soldering iron, and poke into the hole, and use the side of the iron, to melt the covering onto the side of the hole. This seals it, and no worries of the covering coming undone. Has worked on the the airplanes I have covered doing this, and not once, has the covering come undone in these areas after hundreds of flights.
Thanks I will use that info.

Got the stripes on this morning. Now, to install the LG and tail wheel. Next will be to cover the fuselage on the other the Carden, and the wings will be last.

IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2832.JPG

I should mention that I did a great deal of research, trying to determine what the ideal header length should be, for a DA 150 with KS 1090 tuned pipes. Klaus from K&S told me about 15". Then, I communicated with Dave at Desert Aircraft, and he told me, the header length can be 12", or at least, that is what they determined from testing with this set up.

DA says:

"We use the standard length (12”) headers from MTW with the KS1090’s. The headers were shorter a few years ago, but most customers preferred them at 12”. Shorter can sometimes give a bit more rpm, but the power curve can get “peaky”.

Prop selection is a factor for optimal header length. A general theme for proper tuning is smaller props/high rpm need shorter headers and larger prop loads/lower rpm need longer headers.

Thanks

Dave"

I ended up cutting mine to 12.5", figuring, if I had to, I can come back and cut 1/2" more if need be.

Looking to start working on covering fuselage #2, and I realized, I did not finish the bottom of the fuselage.

IMG_2834.JPG

this area in front of the Gear plate is not open, and I was trying to figure out a strategy to help improve cooling and venting in the canister tunnel.

Now, this is the open area behind the gear plate, and this is the location of where the canister stingers exit.
IMG_2835.JPG
IMG_2836.JPG