• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF 48" Laser EXP

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
I had a similar setup on mine before I sold it. 2820-855kv, 13x6 prop, and a lot of get up and go.

Yeah, it must have had lots of 'go' with that set up. The 750kv motor is 'ok' but not startling on an APC 13x6.5 but it goes great on the Xoar 13x7, about 850w, tons of speed.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I finally got to fly one of these at the Randy Covington All Electrtic in North Carolina this past weekend....and I really like this plane. Fred from HPP let me fly his all weekend and I had a blast. He had a crappy turnigy servo on the elevator that didn't center well, so I couldn't really dial in CG perfectly (for KE mixing) so I was a little limited...and I just eyeballed throws.

If you guys have FlightPass, you can see a video of my flying it there. http://flightpass.higherplaneproductions.com/gallery2/main.php

njswede

150cc
Looking very closely at the laser right now... I wonder how it would do with a FirePower 30 Sport from HeadsUpRC? Only a couple of grams heavier than the Torque, but good for 630W with an 11x5.5.

gyro

GSN Contributor

njswede

150cc
When I sold my laser, it had this motor with a 13x6.5 on it: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-BRUSHLESS-MOTORS-cln-Emax-GT2826-fdsh-05-motor/Categories
The specs are a little underrated for watts, as it's capable of 800-900w.

That's what I have in my Sabre X and it's been performing very well so far. I'm pulling about 900W on a 13x6.5 and the motor is just slightly warm when it comes down. Great value, as usual when you deal with HeadsUp. Jeff at HeadsUp seems to err on the side of caution when it comes to wattage. I've been running every single motor I've bought from him above the speced power without incidents.

May I ask you why you sold your Laser? Something you didn't like? I want to buy a high-performance aircraft and I've been eyeing the 51" Slick for a long time. This plane, however, would be about $200-$300 bucks cheaper for me, since I already have most of the electrics it needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
The laser flew great for me. I'm just moving up larger honestly. I also sold my 48" MXS because I bought the 64", and I sold my 48" Edge to get the 60". So... I also sold the laser to help pay for a larger gasser project. The smallest plane i have right now is a 51" Slick.
I do have a motor/esc ready to go when the Pantera comes out, as I plan for that to be my only 48".