• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Exhaust leak grrr

Yakman

70cc twin V2
My best friend is a Caterpillar equipment mechanic. He got me useing Caterpillar silicone, it super stuff. I always had the pipes on my old Harley Shovelhead leaking bad, tryed the Cat Silicone and threw the ultra copper in the trash. That was 3 years ago.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
kwj48;17727 wrote: I have done all the above. I use ultra copper, no paper gasket and re-tighten while still hot ( not running). And it doesn't have to be a big glob of RTV but just a thin layer should do the trick.

This. Only difference is sometimes I will true the surfaces up with an aluminum sanding block and some 180-240 grit sandpaper.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
kwj48;17727 wrote: I have done all the above. I use ultra copper, no paper gasket and re-tighten while still hot ( not running). And it doesn't have to be a big glob of RTV but just a thin layer should do the trick.

This. Only difference is sometimes I will true the surfaces up with an aluminum sanding block and some 180-240 grit sandpaper.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No One likes what I do:cryin:. BUT ME!:big-grin: No filing no sanding only prep work is a clean surface and new gasket. Never had a leak. Ever.

This has been around a long long time. Because it works. Snapshot_20150515.JPG Think I paid 99cents. Gaskets are cheap too. Make them.

So if you like "old school" :cool:. If not:too-cool: . Choice is yours.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Photo305.jpg
I ment at coupler between header and tunned pipe.

I was posting the OP. But! I have used it there also and then drill and tap for 4-40 x 3/16 button head screw to each end so your pipe or can wont turn with vibration. Also wrap with Teflon tape. Here is a example but not a gasser. The exhaust temps are higher though because it is a 4 cycle.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
No One likes what I do:cryin:. BUT ME!:big-grin: No filing no sanding only prep work is a clean surface and new gasket. Never had a leak. Ever.

This has been around a long long time. Because it works.View attachment 20446 Think I paid 99cents. Gaskets are cheap too. Make them.

So if you like "old school" :cool:. If not:too-cool: . Choice is yours.
I like to put that on my cheeseburgers to keep the pickles from sliding off! :)