• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Exhaust leak grrr

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
@ghoffman I was waiting for you to post this. It makes a lot of sense and I sure wish it was provided. I think I am going to do mine line that during the winter off season. Off the top of my head I think a silicone o-ring might be a better heat choice

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Perhaps, but the Viton is good to 400F and has shown zero degradation in this application. Silicone is not gasoline resistant, but Viton is.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 20448

I was posting the OP. But! I have used it there also and then drill and tap for 4-40 x 3/16 button head screw to each end so your pipe or can wont turn with vibration. Also wrap with Teflon tape. Here is a example but not a gasser. The exhaust temps are higher though because it is a 4 cycle.

Dimes, what kind of hose are you using to couple to the canister there? I have a situation with a head for my DLE85 and was thinking about a high temp hose with a braid on the outside or something.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Dimes, what kind of hose are you using to couple to the canister there? I have a situation with a head for my DLE85 and was thinking about a high temp hose with a braid on the outside or something.

That is a NMP flex header which is like the ones OS and Saito has. It was known to fail early on if not properly installed or some measure to prevent excessive tension and torsion over the bends placed in it. I have thoroughly wrapped it with heavy duty Teflon tape to better absorb vibrations and thermal shock. With my experience in using the NMP in the past this one has outlasted any other previous ones I have used. I would get about 3 or 4 gallons before a failure. That one has a little over six to date and shows no sign of pending failure. There is no "coupler" . The end of the header has a round fitting welded to it. It is inserted directly in to the opening of the canister with a custom made Teflon bushing to act as a seal. I used the shellac to help seal it all up.

Last edited: