• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Exhaust leak grrr

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
No One likes what I do:cryin:. BUT ME!:big-grin: No filing no sanding only prep work is a clean surface and new gasket. Never had a leak. Ever.

This has been around a long long time. Because it works.View attachment 20446 Think I paid 99cents. Gaskets are cheap too. Make them.

So if you like "old school" :cool:. If not:too-cool: . Choice is yours.
I had to file down the mufflers on the vv twin. They would rock back and forth because the casting was so p-poor. Just on one of them.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I had to file down the mufflers on the vv twin. They would rock back and forth the casting was so p-poor. Just on one of them.

Yea,
A lot of those mufflers lacked on some quality. They are light though! And I do have red neck uhm.... I mean red skin...uhmn darn..... native american ancestors. My really old like great great great great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee. And I don't really think they started this BS anyway. I think it is more of a vendetta against RG and I don't mean the skins quarterback. I have never seen a football commissioner cause so much controversy.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Why would they have a vendetta against Red Green? Sure he used a lot of duct tape, but his heart was really in the right place........oh you are talking about a different RG.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Why would they have a vendetta against Red Green? Sure he used a lot of duct tape, but his heart was really in the right place........oh you are talking about a different RG.

Roger Goodell. NFL commissioner. He has not made very good calls when approaching controversy. Seems more a politician than a NFL commissioner. Really don't mean to be talkin politics. But have you noticed the Government has been medeling in professional sport WAY more than any other time in history??? Just sayin.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
The best way I have done it is to mill a O ring groove in one surface and use a Viton O ring (with 10-20% compression). But, one does always have the real estate to fit it (or access to a CNC mill).

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Liked that when you first posted it up over yonder. Would like to see that done on headers too. And it could easily be done with rectangular headers too. But that would mean a little extra effort ( by the manufacturer ) for that 100 dollars.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Funny that was a long time ago and many thought it would not work. It still is working like 3 years later. I don't understand why they are all not this way from the manufacturer? Once you have it setup it takes about a couple of minutes each. The Viton O rings were from Graingers and were about $9 per 100.

Last edited: