• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Tom I am not an expert on this but I'll take a stab at it. Anyone that knows better feel free to chime in.

My understanding is that you need at least twice as much room for air to escape as what is coming in the front of the cowl for proper engine cooling. You can cut it all out of the cowl, or you could cut some out of the fuse if you are leaving the canister tunnel open. Lots of guys like to cut it all out of the cowl so they aren't putting air pressure on the inside of the covering and canopy.

I have seen some cool different options... like cutting diagonal slots so there are multiple exit holes like a grill. You can get creative to make it look good.

AKfreak

150cc
There is a boxed tunnel that runs a good length of the fuse. It's boxed off so no air can get in the fuse. I think I will make a plate there and use the diagonal crosses. Basislly all I need to do is measure the two round cowl opening, and double the surface area as an exit. That seems simple enough.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
AK here is the bottom of my plane. If you do the math on the 3 inlets you will see that more is needed than just that lower cowl opening. I am going to wait until my VVRC40 is brok in and I have made this cover that I might put on over.

Attachments

• IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    574.4 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 249

AKfreak

150cc
That cover is BA. Nice job! What did you make it out of, is that balsa sheeting with covering? That motor fits so much more nicely.

Last edited by a moderator: