• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So glad to hear you are getting one. My wait will be just a little longer because I am leaving for Asia this weekend and won't be back for 2 weeks. Having it shipped to work though. I am going to start out with the Vess 20B which many seem to like for break in on the VV40 but I think I will try a Mej 21x8 after that. What did you end up most happy with on your 40?

I am debating a Cortex Gyro on this but I am still a little unsure.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I liked the 20b but I never tried the mej 21x8. I think the falcon 20x9 would perform well too but the 21x8 will probably make you happy

Red and White and Blue for me of course (this is common theme in my fleet). I am doing the Motrolfly 5335 setup just like the one at SEFF. Just need servos. Waiting for tower to get the Hitec brushless in. Gecko 150HV (test new firmware finally), Castle BEC pro, Emcotec switch, AR8000 with TM1000. I might do a 9 channel as it can take 3 sats. I have more money in this thing than I do the last 2 60cc planes and RF redundancy is not a bad thing.

[MENTION=3092]Lovemyxtra[/MENTION] is getting the Yellow and Blue gas version with a DLE-35 on a ES pipe. He fell in love with that scheme on the 90ish MXS at Nall. He is using 7954s and doing a conversion on one to the 7956SHR. IBEC, AR9110.

So glad to hear you are getting one. My wait will be just a little longer because I am leaving for Asia this weekend and won't be back for 2 weeks. Having it shipped to work though. I am going to start out with the Vess 20B which many seem to like for break in on the VV40 but I think I will try a Mej 21x8 after that. What did you end up most happy with on your 40?

I am debating a Cortex Gyro on this but I am still a little unsure.

Just flew the 21x8 today on my 78 Extra. Super stable in low and slow. [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] got a couple of photos. Did some IMAC with it and it is not perfect for this. I think the 20B is a bit better. The 21x8 just does get going fast enough for certain XA type flying. Looks like slow motion compared to all the ES pipe setups around here on the 78.

On my 74 Edge I have been going back and forth between the 20B and the Mej 20x9. I must say I like the 20B better. I have a Falcon 20x9 that is designated for the DA-35. different bolt pattern.

I also have a PT 21x10 I need to try on the extra. It is more load and the motor needs to be retuned for it.

On another note my starter has gone missing, and I had to hand start the twin today. Took lots of effort but I did do it a few times.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm really trying hard not to order one of these right now... way to many irons in the fire for me. want it soooo bad!

vegasking

70cc twin V2
I went with a R/W/B and I have 2 DA-35's, one for this one and one for the AJ 73" Laser when it's comes out.