• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I bought the VVRC 40 twin because of the video of how smooth and the great idle. The other reason is it looks so much better to look in the two cowl inlets and seeing cylinders. I never liked seeing a single sticking out of the bottom of the cowl. I loved the power of my DA-60 and I am sure the DA-35 will equally supply the power but its not a twin. (just my point of view)

When I plug it all into the prop calculator, the DLE-35RA on the ES pipe is more Horsepower than the 40 twin. It just achieves it at a higher RPM with a smaller prop. The DA-35 will probably be in the same category. The advantages of the twin are:

1) more torque in the low end (not overall torque) for spool up
2) smoother and lower idle
3) less vibration
4) ability to swing a larger prop. 21x8 versus a 20x7. 7k RPM versus 9.5k

it is somewhat analagous to using a lower KV wind in a electric motor.

For my particular flying style twins works better. High energy junkies will like the singles more as you can rev them up. I have tried a 20x10 on my twin, and yes it hauls the mail, but there is a lot of torque from that high pitch that hurts you in hover and harrier.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
When I plug it all into the prop calculator, the DLE-35RA on the ES pipe is more Horsepower than the 40 twin. It just achieves it at a higher RPM with a smaller prop. The DA-35 will probably be in the same category. The advantages of the twin are:

1) more torque in the low end (not overall torque) for spool up
2) smoother and lower idle
3) less vibration
4) ability to swing a larger prop. 21x8 versus a 20x7. 7k RPM versus 9.5k

it is somewhat analagous to using a lower KV wind in a electric motor.

For my particular flying style twins works better. High energy junkies will like the singles more as you can rev them up. I have tried a 20x10 on my twin, and yes it hauls the mail, but there is a lot of torque from that high pitch that hurts you in hover and harrier.

Matt, I assume the DLE 35 on the ES is very similar to the DA numbers. Yes?

Who knows. DA has only put out tidbits of information. They can spin a 21x8 as well with it. I am sure we will get some answers at WRAM on Friday. They said that the engine will still not be available at this shows. MAYBE Toledo, but I saw it announced there 2 YEARs ago. It is currently in the same category as the Hitec Brushless servo. Some are out there in Beta fashion, but not for us lowly consumers.

dth7

Who knows. DA has only put out tidbits of information. They can spin a 21x8 as well with it. I am sure we will get some answers at WRAM on Friday. They said that the engine will still not be available at this shows. MAYBE Toledo, but I saw it announced there 2 YEARs ago. It is currently in the same category as the Hitec Brushless servo. Some are out there in Beta fashion, but not for us lowly consumers.

Sorry. I didn't see that this was the DLE data! RTFP!

I use the prop power calculator Pe Rievers (sp?) made. I find it very helpful in doing prop comparisons.

You would need 2 ES pipes to do that, and at that point you might as well buy a whole new 50cc plane after having to get the custom headers made.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
How do y'all like it?

Laser Crash.jpgLaser Crash 2.jpg

dth7

I use the prop power calculator Pe Rievers (sp?) made. I find it very helpful in doing prop comparisons.

You would need 2 ES pipes to do that, and at that point you might as well buy a whole new 50cc plane after having to get the custom headers made.

Link?