• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

SnowDog

Sounds like you have it covered! I've always lived by the motto the simpler the system the less points of failure!

I love the yak's and had a 50cc Yak-54. Nice and floaty! Now the plane is sitting in my bucket of balsa... :facepalm:

But I have a nice 35% Pilot Extra 260 sitting on the bench waiting to be built! :banana:

wow...I've been eyeballing that plane as well...which color scheme suits you?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I HAVE THE 35% Extra 260 Blue/Blk/Silver/White. I will be putting in a V3 DLE-111 I have on the bench as well. Should be a great combo!

prc_ext30-13lg_1_3.jpg

dribar

70cc twin V2
Thanks! My assumption is that I should be able to pop the arm off the old one, and insert the new one without messing with the cables. Sound right to you?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks! My assumption is that I should be able to pop the arm off the old one, and insert the new one without messing with the cables. Sound right to you?

Yup, that's they way it's gone when I've swapped rudder servos

dribar

70cc twin V2
On the lighter side -- since the da-60 standard muffler has a smoke nipple, shouldn't I be putting smoke in the yak? Is there a simple, inexpensive approach to doing this? Any ideas?