• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
Went to the garage tonight and powered the electronics up. The rudder servo worked for about a minute and went dead.

As a test, I pulled it out of the plane and plugged it into the aileron channel and it started working again. One minute later... dead.

So the servo works for a minute on any channel and then dies. Very repeatable.

That's the good news.

Bad news is my new servo didn't show up.

Arghhhhh...... guess I'll go wash some bottles and crank the sim up.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Went to the garage tonight and powered the electronics up. The rudder servo worked for about a minute and went dead.

As a test, I pulled it out of the plane and plugged it into the aileron channel and it started working again. One minute later... dead.

So the servo works for a minute on any channel and then dies. Very repeatable.

That's the good news.

Bad news is my new servo didn't show up.

Arghhhhh...... guess I'll go wash some bottles and crank the sim up.

Fingers crossed it'll arrive tomorrow. Was speaking to the director of marketing at Hitec today, and I told her how quick your replacement was sent. She mentioned how their service dept is one of their multipliers... When you buy from them, if there is a problem, they fix it, or replace it. I'm glad they kept faith with you.

Also glad you duplicated the problem so you know for sure there is an issue.

dribar

70cc twin V2
So here we are... 9 days later and no servo yet. I called and talked to Hitec and they said they were out of stock, even though they were in stock 9 days ago. Bummer. So I wrote a poem:

So here we sit...
all broken hearted...
tried to fly...
but only farted.

I got an email a few minutes ago that he found a servo and will be shipping it ASAP. Sometimes I feel like a turkey myself -- got some cool wings but can't fly. Ha ha I crack myself up.

Peace guys. Enjoy the turkey.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So here we are... 9 days later and no servo yet. I called and talked to Hitec and they said they were out of stock, even though they were in stock 9 days ago. Bummer. So I wrote a poem:

So here we sit...
all broken hearted...
tried to fly...
but only farted.

I got an email a few minutes ago that he found a servo and will be shipping it ASAP. Sometimes I feel like a turkey myself -- got some cool wings but can't fly. Ha ha I crack myself up.

Peace guys. Enjoy the turkey.

Stefon_Laughing.gif

Dude you're hilarious!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maybe I missed it, but did you post your AUW yet?
Also, I'm curious about the shape of bottom of the fuse, do you think you could shoot a picture?

Many thanks!

dribar

70cc twin V2
Just got the servo yesterday after 2+ weeks of waiting. Hope to have some time tomorrow to get it installed, and up in the air. Will take some shots and get the AUW for you too.

Peace.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Dan, glad Hitec came through and your finally close to getting her airborne! This has been a great build to follow.

dribar

70cc twin V2
I've come to realize that getting a new plane in the air should not be done around Christmas. With 5 kids and a visiting Mom, all of my focus is on them and making sure they have a great Christmas. All that equates to no flying for a while for me. Flying will have to be done vicariously thru all of you hotshots :)

Peace to you all and Merry Christmas.

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've come to realize that getting a new plane in the air should not be done around Christmas. With 5 kids and a visiting Mom, all of my focus is on them and making sure they have a great Christmas. All that equates to no flying for a while for me. Flying will have to be done vicariously thru all of you hotshots :)

Peace to you all and Merry Christmas.

Dan

Hope you enjoy the down time with family. IF you get time, an AUW would be much appreciated.