• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

I don't have one. Just had to make the final call on what is going to Nall with us. 4 of my gassers are going, 4 of them have twins (DA-120s, DA-70, and VVRC-40). I see a trend here. My 89 slick with the smooth pipe almost made it, but my 110 Yak fit into the trailer, and I see doing some low and slow with that big thing.

In the noise department, singles win as there are better options on that front in 60cc (OS mufflers, canisters, pipes). Power to weight, singles win when noise is not a issue.

I would bet money that if Chris Hinson brings a gasser 91 this year to Nall it will be powered by a DA-70.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I don't have one. Just had to make the final call on what is going to Nall with us. 4 of my gassers are going, 4 of them have twins (DA-120s, DA-70, and VVRC-40). I see a trend here. My 89 slick with the smooth pipe almost made it, but my 110 Yak fit into the trailer, and I see doing some low and slow with that big thing.

In the noise department, singles win as there are better options on that front in 60cc (OS mufflers, canisters, pipes). Power to weight, singles win when noise is not a issue.

I would bet money that if Chris Hinson brings a gasser 91 this year to Nall it will be powered by a DA-70.

Of course he would... He's a beta tester for DA! His engine choices are much easier than ours.

You need to try a GP, you'll understand where I'm coming from if you did! :)

That said, a DA70 is definitely on my wish list when I can save up for one! :)

By the time I put either a can or pipe on a GP I would be over the price of the two "budget" twins and be within striking distance of the DA. Within my local group, I would be chastised for running a side dump muffler when a canister is a viable option.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
By the time I put either a can or pipe on a GP I would be over the price of the two "budget" twins and be within striking distance of the DA. Within my local group, I would be chastised for running a side dump muffler when a canister is a viable option.

You would be chastised for running a GP as well!

Anyway, I can tell you for sure that there will be at least one 91" plane at Nall with a DA-70 in it in the EF tent.

I am almost done with my 91" Yak with a 60 on an RE2. I had my carb flipped over when it was in a PAU Extra, so the needles point straight up. I did have to carve the firewall a bit but nothing too major.

I also did something different on my cowl, cut out all the area between the ribs and then installed a depron baffle. It came out really nice and hopefully it will keep everything cool.