• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fort Smith Arkansas Fly Low In Sept. 19-22

ryan_m

100cc
Pretty good haul for us to drive (2.5-3 hours each way), plus we miss all the nighttime festivities then :)
I will be staying, as I imagine all the Little Rock guys will...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, our friends from L.R. just left yesterday after spending a weekend with us, and we discussed my plans for the FLI. Looks like my family wants me to drop them off in LR on my way there, so I might not be bringing many (if any) planes. Between two car seats, and luggage for my 3 girls, I'd be lucky to squeeze one plane in.

So now... which ONE is it!

SnowDog

Well, our friends from L.R. just left yesterday after spending a weekend with us, and we discussed my plans for the FLI. Looks like my family wants me to drop them off in LR on my way there, so I might not be bringing many (if any) planes. Between two car seats, and luggage for my 3 girls, I'd be lucky to squeeze one plane in.

So now... which ONE is it!

The 89 of course, strapped to the roof ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah, I really would like to find a way to squeeze the 89 in there... might be tough with the tail sticking out between the two car seats! My baby is happier when she can see her older sister, and on that long of a drive.... I don't want a crying baby the whole time!

ryan_m

100cc
If you can find a way to ship some planes, we might be able to find some room to haul them from LR up to Ft. Smith for you...
Or you could always bring a plane in a box and build it while you are there, and sell it at the end of the event too. If we get 4-5 of us to tag team the build we can probably finish the whole plane in an hour or two.

gyro

GSN Contributor
If you can find a way to ship some planes, we might be able to find some room to haul them from LR up to Ft. Smith for you...
Or you could always bring a plane in a box and build it while you are there, and sell it at the end of the event too. If we get 4-5 of us to tag team the build we can probably finish the whole plane in an hour or two.

Probably won't ship due to the expense, but the build idea might work. I figure I should be able to bring a 60" plane... so I'll have something to fly. We'll see, plenty of time to prepare!

robj

70cc twin V2
Could be doable for me to!! Even though I have no idea where it is! But the state is close!