• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fort Smith Arkansas Fly Low In Sept. 19-22

RedTalon

50cc
I currently don't have ANY 3D-able planes flying at all. (the ONLY thing that I have is an F-22 combat plane!)

I need to replace a servo or 2 in my little "Spit Wad", aka 41" Edge. The motor in my 48" Edge needs to be replaced (I've mistreated it, badly).

And to answer the question - Electric. I've finally decided to stay with electric on my 74" Edge. It'll get up in the air sooner reusing the undamaged gear from my beloved lost 72" Extra.

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS and 3DRCForums are happy to announce:

Castle Creations and Hitec RCD have joined the 2013 Fly Low Series as associate sponsors!! What does this mean to you???
The raffles this year are going to be STOCKED with awesome products, well over $500 from each Hitec and Castle!!
-Hitec has very generously donated five, yes, FIVE of their bullet proof titanium geared, HV capable HS-7955TG servos for each FLI!
-Castle has donated multiple ESCs for each location, from the all new Talon 90, to a few surprises to be announced later.

3DHS, 3DRCF, Hitec, & Castle... hooking you up at the 2013 Fly Low In series!

Boomer78

New to GSN!
Hello Everyone. I am the current Club President for Fort Smith Flightmasters. Thank You for selecting us for an event this year. Just an update on the field. Our new field has two runways in a basic L shaped pattern. The longest runway is 500 x 100 running from a general east west direction. Near the west end of that runway is the shorter runway of approximately 450 x 100 running in a general north south direction. Regardless of wind direction or time of day there is plenty of runway available for this event and hopefully many others. We are in the process of getting the gravel placed in the parking lot and it should be done by the end of this month weather permitting. Lots and lots of parking and lots and lots of pit area. We will have one final event at our old location in May and will move the covered pavillion to the new field in June. I will be working closely with Josh to get you folks anything that you need and look forward to seeing you all there. Tom Minton

ryan_m

100cc
Hi Tom,
does the field there have power available to it? Or should we bring generators for the event?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Welcome to 3DRCF Tom!
Have you/will you be getting any group rates at the nearby hotels? I'll be driving up from San Antonio and will need somewhere to stay.

thanks!

-G

robj

70cc twin V2
Hey Tom!

What's the general flight direction. IE facing east, west, north, south. And the general prevailing winds.

Thinking ahead!! :)