• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 18MZ/14SG/8FG Tips and Tricks

Jlc

70cc twin V2
The way I understand it when running dual 7008sb the telemetry only works on rx #1 which is fine but I'm just making sure the sbus servo's will still work on rx #2. I always split my plane with the 7008's but I haven't used the sbus yet but looking into it.

I am really proud of programming my 18MZ so that I don't have to flip a switch to do a snap. The setup is, when throttle is less than 1/3 AND the rudder is in a corner AND the elevator AND the ailerons are in their respective corners, the rudder and elevator rates are lowered! After the snap is accomplished and the sticks are released the rates go back to the normal sequence rate. This is a setup for the Sportsman IMAC maneuver no. 7 (avalanche). I haven't had the chance to fly and try it out yet but I know from flying my 35% Carden Edge last contest season that I need to lower the rudder rate and maybe the elevator rate too. I hope it works but I'm proud of myself for doing the programming!!

Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
That's a condition I haven't tried...YET! I do have upline and downline snap conditions that are very similar to what you described, but they are dictated by either low or high throttle positions. They've been working well for me, but I may play around this season with the surface deflection setup you described.

That's a condition I haven't tried...YET! I do have upline and downline snap conditions that are very similar to what you described, but they are dictated by either low or high throttle positions. They've been working well for me, but I may play around this season with the surface deflection setup you described.

Yes it is a snap condition! Since it is a condition the rates for each surface can be changed without affecting the other conditions. The snap condition only happens when the throttle and sticks are in the positions I described!! As I said it is specific for the avalanche in the 2015 sportsman sequence. Like I said before I don't like to be flipping switches!!

3D-Joy

50cc
I have seen SOOOOO many zeros because of wrong switch settings...
Some pilots are flipping switches so much its ridiculous. Thats just one more thing to mess up, unnecessary workload.

3D-Joy

50cc
May I add, although a questionable comparison, people spend hundreds of dollars in quiet exhaust systems or pretty CF 3 bladed props to save just some points from the sound score while spending a few hours on the programming of the radio can litterally save a round or more.