• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Glassing and Painting techniques

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
For some reason the PDF I uploaded wont open on my phone or Kindle so I turned the file into a picture so it's usable.
Test Results Chart.jpg

Wacobipe

100cc
So the moral of the story is all our planes should be blue metallic :brian-banana:

JUST Kidding! Awesome info and thanks for all the work that went into this test...I feel it really shows the various methods are all largely similar and the skill of the person applying matters more than the materials. :way_to_go:

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I agree Wacobipe, I could have the perfect shop, materials, and equipment and I'm pretty sure my results would still not look like these guys!

OverKill

New to GSN!
Thanks for that Jetpainter! Your work really does seem to support the idea that the applicator has more to do with success than the application.

Can I pick your brain a little? You mention in the results the use of hairspray. Are you using it as a sealer on the bare balsa or as a method of holding the cloth in place? Or for something else entirely?

TIA, Dave