Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Patto, May 2, 2015.

1. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

It looks as if you got PLENTY of power too! Looked great Taxing. Best on its Maiden :attaboy:.

Patto and SquirrelsRC like this.
  2. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Would you believe I already have two pounds of lead on the front firewall?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AKNick likes this.
  3. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Yep, should be plenty to get up and go! We'll find out for sure this Saturday!

49dimes likes this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Which you luck double check everything and be mentally ready if not take it home and do it when you are ready.

49dimes and SquirrelsRC like this.
  5. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

You are so right! Since this is by far the biggest, longest, most expensive build I've ever attempted, I anticipate this will also be the most nerve-wracking maiden flight I've ever had. I have already told myself and others that if it's not feeling right, I'm not going to fly it. Period.

What sense would it make to spend all that time on it just to be hasty for the first flight?

49dimes, Snoopy1 and SquirrelsRC like this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    All I can say take your time. You have put to much into the plane to make a bad call. Get the plane to the field everything must be perfect and if it is do some taxing and when it feels right the next thing you know you will be in the air and not knowing what you were so apprehensive about.

7. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

IT FLEW!! Video is being uploaded... Stay tuned![​IMG]

Snoopy1, 49dimes, dhal22 and 2 others like this.
  8. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

How right you are! I too have the same philosophy. And it may not be anything more than "you" yourself are just not ready. I will send no plane, (especially a new unproven airframe) into the wild blue yonder until I know I am 100% psyched for the flight. Beautiful plane by the way. Anxious to see the maiden video.

9. [​IMG]

10. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

+1

pawnshopmike likes this.