• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Patto

70cc twin V2
Yup, the 45 inverted upline will let you know, just make sure you center your elevator before you try this! I literally chased my tail trying to do this one time. ha
When you said bolt weight to the firewall my first impression was... that would make it nose heavy....LOL push me pull me says otherwise.... aft firewall DUH!:msn_slap:
Would you believe I already have two pounds of lead on the front firewall?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Patto

70cc twin V2
Which you luck double check everything and be mentally ready if not take it home and do it when you are ready.
You are so right! Since this is by far the biggest, longest, most expensive build I've ever attempted, I anticipate this will also be the most nerve-wracking maiden flight I've ever had. I have already told myself and others that if it's not feeling right, I'm not going to fly it. Period.

What sense would it make to spend all that time on it just to be hasty for the first flight?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All I can say take your time. You have put to much into the plane to make a bad call. Get the plane to the field everything must be perfect and if it is do some taxing and when it feels right the next thing you know you will be in the air and not knowing what you were so apprehensive about.

Patto

70cc twin V2
IT FLEW!! Video is being uploaded... Stay tuned!
441c509a80470c697a38e7f080465e78.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You are so right! Since this is by far the biggest, longest, most expensive build I've ever attempted, I anticipate this will also be the most nerve-wracking maiden flight I've ever had. I have already told myself and others that if it's not feeling right, I'm not going to fly it. Period.

What sense would it make to spend all that time on it just to be hasty for the first flight?

How right you are! I too have the same philosophy. And it may not be anything more than "you" yourself are just not ready. I will send no plane, (especially a new unproven airframe) into the wild blue yonder until I know I am 100% psyched for the flight. Beautiful plane by the way. Anxious to see the maiden video.