• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many of you are running the new DA150L?

Jace;11789 wrote: Better beef up the motor box lol!

i know a friend of mine that has a slick and has had issues with the motor box, so yep, better beef that up, especially if you plan on doing hard core 3D stuff, crankshafts, KE spins, etc.....

Geno

70cc twin V2
Super08;11812 wrote: I dropped the idea of putting my 150 into the Sukhoi. Not enough time left in the season up here. Especially with my work schedule right now as I cannot get any time for flying until the middle of Sept. I ordered an AW Carbon Cub and it is going in that. The 150 is pretty much a drop in installation as Aerowoks made sure it would fit when they designed it. They only rate it for up to a 120 though. There are several build threads with guys putting the 150 in. It is a popular set up for towing giant scale gliders.

That motor will be perfect in that plane!!!! Can even do some hovering and huckn after ya ditch the glider lol

quadracer

100cc
Fired my 150 up tonight, started on the 2nd flip and purred like a kitten. Those of you running the "fat" 150, what is your prop of choice for 3D? I'm currently running a wood Falcon 32x12, thinking about ordering a 31x12 or 10 to experiment with.

With a da150 and large proflow cans, the headers have 90 mm drop and they are 9" long, but my cans do not fit in te tunnel. Can I cut the header down to 7"? If I did that, will it affect performance or midrange?

What is the actual header length?

They have a 90 mm drop (3 & 1/2")

And the horizontal distance from flange to end if header is 9"

Does that mean that the actual header length is 12 & 1/2"?

If this is the case, then I would be ok to remove 2" off the header?

3D-Joy

50cc
quadracer;12725 wrote: Fired my 150 up tonight, started on the 2nd flip and purred like a kitten. Those of you running the "fat" 150, what is your prop of choice for 3D? I'm currently running a wood Falcon 32x12, thinking about ordering a 31x12 or 10 to experiment with.

I use an Air Models 31x12 on my fat 150 with 1090 pipes. I'm not into all out thrust but a mix of good thrust and speed. I hated that prop at first but then I learned to love it and won't replace it with anything else. My plane is rather fat also at 42 lbs.

quadracer

100cc
Flew the 104 the other day, 32x12 is not the ideal prop. Lol

It only turned 4800 rpm on the ground, so I bought a 30x13, which bumped it to 5300. I've talked to a few who run the 31x10W and love it, so I think that's my next size to try, along with retuning slightly. I bought the engine from a guy in New Hampshire, so I think a retune to southern Indiana climate is definitely necessary. That said, I have a wooden Falcon 32x12 for sale, flown 4 times (includes prop socks). Let me know if you're interested.

Super08

70cc twin V2
I agree, they just plain work like no other. Mind you the new Falcon CF 31x10W is supposed to be a sweet prop. I have one but have not tried it yet.