• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I guess he didn't like it, WOAH....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
REMOVED....

Surprised you did not like the Articulate

I have seen the creator of this plane (Ido) and two other pilots fly the articulate, it is an amazing model but needs to be treated like a pattern plane with setup, this means taking your time to get it right, but once its there omg its a machine worthy of any hanger

Last edited:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I'm sorry if this is offensive but that video has put me off buying from 3drchobbies, a sponsored pilot (i presume he is) should not be doing this publicly at a field and then posting it online

I know its his own plane and all but seeing that done at a field and while he is in clothing promoting a store is just... imho... wrong - do this sort of stuff at home.

I have seen the creator of this plane (Ido) and two other pilots fly the articulate, it is an amazing model but needs to be treated like a pattern plane with setup, this means taking your time to get it right, but once its there omg its a machine worthy of any hanger

He is an owner, not a team pilot.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I get it, it's his, he's sponsored by himself, it's his money he can do what he wants, it's funny... Etc etc... I get all that.

I just think it sets a bad example... I don't want my kids seeing someone loose his cool and throw a fit smashing up an airplane. He wasn't laughing when he did it, at least not in the video so it didn't appear to be a joke. I also heard at least one surprised "Oh" in the background.. Then dragging it off like that.... I don't know just don't like it.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Ok lets get this straight, there was no anger, or crying involved. The plane flew like crap, I had a Visonaire that flew better than this plane did. Some guy asked me while I was flying it if it would do a Heart Attack, so I tried it and when it pulled out it went into a flat spin from about 30 ft. and pancaked into the ground. It smashed the gear, cracked both sides of the bottom wing where the struts attach and cracked the bottom of the fuse near the bottom wing tube. I didn't like the way it flew anyway even after changing a few things to try to keep it from rolling hard out of a knife edge circle. After carrying it back to the flightline, someone ask me if I was going to try to fix it and I said I didn't think it would be worth it and decided to finish it off in a crazy way I've always wanted to do to a plane that I thought was a POS. Was it the best way? Probably not! Was any kids minds warped from seeing this happen? No! Should I have given it to the less fortunate? Maybe! Was I throwing a tantrum or throwing a fit? No! I was joking and smiling just before and after! Was it childish? Depends on who you are! Do I really care? Not much! Did I enjoy doing it? Hell yeah I did! I have worked for everything I have ever had and wanted for 45 years since I was 10 years old, and now have several businesses that do well and I can afford just about anything I want as far as RC airplanes go and probably have way too many. So yes I feel that it was my right to smash it like I did! It was no different or worse than guys giving one a Viking death and not near as bad as trying to crash one on purpose at a big event! As far as my online hobby store it wasn't ever intended to make me rich and was started to one day have most of the best accessories to build most gas powered ARF's all in one place. I try to help anyone that needs help when I am asked for it and spend many hours with emails and messages explaining things that may help them. I knew the video would get some people talking trash as there are many who can do this on these forums sitting at their computer. Do I regret doing it and posting it NO!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
@vegasking
Appreciate your honest response, everyone is entitled to there own opinion and to do what they want with what they own things, you didn't do it in an aggressive or dangerous manner so that is nice to see, as an outsider we can all comment on things like this without knowing the full story or being at the particular event in person.

in response to how it flew though I am surprised it ended up so crap for you, the 3 we have here in AU are awesome to fly.

SleepyC

150cc
Ok lets get this straight, there was no anger, or crying involved. The plane flew like crap, I had a Visonaire that flew better than this plane did. Some guy asked me while I was flying it if it would do a Heart Attack, so I tried it and when it pulled out it went into a flat spin from about 30 ft. and pancaked into the ground. It smashed the gear, cracked both sides of the bottom wing where the struts attach and cracked the bottom of the fuse near the bottom wing tube. I didn't like the way it flew anyway even after changing a few things to try to keep it from rolling hard out of a knife edge circle. After carrying it back to the flightline, someone ask me if I was going to try to fix it and I said I didn't think it would be worth it and decided to finish it off in a crazy way I've always wanted to do to a plane that I thought was a POS. Was it the best way? Probably not! Was any kids minds warped from seeing this happen? No! Should I have given it to the less fortunate? Maybe! Was I throwing a tantrum or throwing a fit? No! I was joking and smiling just before and after! Was it childish? Depends on who you are! Do I really care? Not much! Did I enjoy doing it? Hell yeah I did! I have worked for everything I have ever had and wanted for 45 years since I was 10 years old, and now have several businesses that do well and I can afford just about anything I want as far as RC airplanes go and probably have way too many. So yes I feel that it was my right to smash it like I did! It was no different or worse than guys giving one a Viking death and not near as bad as trying to crash one on purpose at a big event! As far as my online hobby store it wasn't ever intended to make me rich and was started to one day have most of the best accessories to build most gas powered ARF's all in one place. I try to help anyone that needs help when I am asked for it and spend many hours with emails and messages explaining things that may help them. I knew the video would get some people talking trash as there are many who can do this on these forums sitting at their computer. Do I regret doing it and posting it NO!

I just posted the video as I thought it was amusing. Everyone has the right to do with things what they want to.
And I know that "I could fix it and still have a turd" feeling, it's not a good one.

ryan_m

100cc
I've stomped a few planes in my time. Extremely gratifying to do! One was an old .40 sized Long-EZ. Plane was extremely hard to land without cartwheeling and after repairing the front canard 6-7 times I had finally had enough. Stomped. And enjoyed thoroughly doing it!
Sometimes it's just gotta be done! I was curious what you thought of the Articulate Kelley, guess I don't need to ask now!

Status
Not open for further replies.