• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I guess he didn't like it, WOAH....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
The plane just didn't seem to fly as good as it looked which didn't make me happy, I flew it a total of three times and had tried changing the cg two prior times and made sure all my surface alignments were correct and it still had a super bad coupling problem. I have never added any radio mixing to my planes except mixing smoke to throttle. I am not a pro at setting planes up with mixing everything out and don't think a good plane needs to have a lot of it anyway. I took it to the event to see if I could sell it for $300 which was less than half of what it cost retail ($750) I guy ask me to fly it and I was going to let him, but before I let him have the sticks he asked me if it would do a "Heart Attack" so I tried it and when it came out of it at about 30 ft from the ground it went into a flat spin which I wasn't able to pull out from. Maybe a better pilot could have but I didn't, which resulted in it pancaking in on it's belly. When I first picked it up it looked like it had just messed up the landing gear but I noticed once I picked it up that it had cracked both bottom wings at where the wing struts were and had cracked the bottom of the fuse near the bottom wing tube. At that point I knew I wasn't going to try to repair it and should have given it to somebody or something better than I did. I was not mad or angry when I stomped it and at that moment thought it would be cool to smash it not knowing what others not there would think about. I've taken way too much BS about this from some people, a few who know me and a lot who don't even have a clue who and how I am in person. I took the video down because it was going viral and some still want to make nasty comments which I have no control of other than to ask them to stop. I have been this hobby for almost 45 years and plan on it for as long as I can. I believe I've helped this hobby 100 times more than I've ever hurt it and offer to help anyone who may ask for it. I may be a show off at times and like to brag about all my planes which may offend some, but I've worked hard all my life at what I've got and built. I hope and pray this will stop the negativity which I have caused myself!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The plane just didn't seem to fly as good as it looked which didn't make me happy, I flew it a total of three times and had tried changing the cg two prior times and made sure all my surface alignments were correct and it still had a super bad coupling problem. I have never added any radio mixing to my planes except mixing smoke to throttle. I am not a pro at setting planes up with mixing everything out and don't think a good plane needs to have a lot of it anyway. I took it to the event to see if I could sell it for $300 which was less than half of what it cost retail ($750) I guy ask me to fly it and I was going to let him, but before I let him have the sticks he asked me if it would do a "Heart Attack" so I tried it and when it came out of it at about 30 ft from the ground it went into a flat spin which I wasn't able to pull out from. Maybe a better pilot could have but I didn't, which resulted in it pancaking in on it's belly. When I first picked it up it looked like it had just messed up the landing gear but I noticed once I picked it up that it had cracked both bottom wings at where the wing struts were and had cracked the bottom of the fuse near the bottom wing tube. At that point I knew I wasn't going to try to repair it and should have given it to somebody or something better than I did. I was not mad or angry when I stomped it and at that moment thought it would be cool to smash it not knowing what others not there would think about. I've taken way too much BS about this from some people, a few who know me and a lot who don't even have a clue who and how I am in person. I took the video down because it was going viral and some still want to make nasty comments which I have no control of other than to ask them to stop. I have been this hobby for almost 45 years and plan on it for as long as I can. I believe I've helped this hobby 100 times more than I've ever hurt it and offer to help anyone who may ask for it. I may be a show off at times and like to brag about all my planes which may offend some, but I've worked hard all my life at what I've got and built. I hope and pray this will stop the negativity which I have caused myself!
I removed my two original posts from the thread. I apologize for going so GiantScaleNews on you, but watching the video really struck a chord with me, as it did with others.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
I removed my two original posts from the thread. I apologize for going so GiantScaleNews on you, but watching the video really struck a chord with me, as it did with others.
I fully understand, I look back at and wish I would have chosen a different approach to it. I should have posted in the video that the plane was damaged worse than it looked because some are thinking that I smashed it just because I didn't like the way it flew. At almost 55 years old I still make a mistake now and then but I learn from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.