• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Is there any 50cc KITS that can do 3D??

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
It's kind of ended up as all 50cc 3d aircraft. I'm guessing it has ended up that way since a vast majority of people have never built a kit before;) That may poke a bear, but we will see.

The biggest problem is the ARF's kinda drown out the kit designers and most of the kit designs are old school with regards to wing area, surface area, etc. Currently I can say with certainty that with the amount of work it takes to design and materials it takes to build a 50-70cc kit you may as well build a 35% kit for the same $$. Also with the engines available and electronics available these days it costs nickels more to build a 35% than it does a 60-70cc plane even in ARF form. Heck the ARF's are only $2-400 more and they fly so much different.

Anyway, just my $.02 on why there are not many kits in this size.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
@Terryscustom I believe you. That poke was more at people recommending ARFs instead of kits, though there are only a few kits available. That was a poke of fun, not meaning to get people mad. I think it's awesome how many people the ARFs have brought into the hobby. And they all pretty much look amazing.

I am eying that viper st for when I finally get a trailer!