• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
As far as I know you rally can't get West Systems much thicker than the standard mix ratios. Hysol 9462 however will not run on vertical surfaces.....even underneath something. Takes awhile to setup, but amazing in its ability to stay where you put it.
Plus the nozzle is awesome for putting a bead right where you want it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Don’t get me wrong I love Hysol 9462 always have some on hand and as you gentleman have started it works great. It was just a suggestion so that the job can continue.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I added some balsa to the back side of the rudder post so it would hold it's shape and make getting the hinge alignment correct a little easier.

Also the Hysol finally arrived, so I glued the hinges in the post permanently.

20181030_201052_resized.jpg
20181030_220817_resized.jpg
20181030_220828_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I sure like the way that Hysol system works. For those that use it, does the nozzle get tossed with every use?
Yes, that's why I like to have several things ready to glue at once. Last night while doing the rudder hinges I also did the control horns in the elevators and rudder. With the long 55 minute work time you don't have to rush, and the glue stays just where you put it, it doesn't run all over.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have strange question. Has anyone put a carbon fibre gear leg in a oven and heated it so that you can bend it or reshape the end. If have how hot did you take the oven up to.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Some choose to not use the nozzle and mix it like epoxy but you can't beat the long reach and neatness of the nozzle.

In my line of work we use the dual mix cartridges like Hysol comes it for all kinds of things. Most are much bigger cartridges for a big gun. I gun some out and mix by hand all the time for small things. Of course we do use a bumper repair product that starts hardening in 20 seconds, that one is gun and mixing tubes only for obvious reasons. When you use that stuff you best have all your ducks in a row, or you'll make a big mess.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The other night when I was gluing the rudder hinges in I also glued the rudder and elevator horns in. The elevators came with laser cut plywood fixtures to locate the horns.

20181031_213906_resized.jpg
20181031_214056_resized.jpg
20181031_213829_resized.jpg
20181031_195621_resized.jpg

Last night I tackled the thing I've been dreading most, gluing in the rudder post. It took several tries to get it tacked in with CA right where I wanted it, but I was able to get it so the pin would slide in and the fit was as good as I could make it. After that I ran a bead of Hysol around the edges. Hopefully after it cures the rudder will still fit.

20181031_213557_resized.jpg