• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

Wow, looking forward to seeing this go along. Sorry to go off topic, but I Have a quick question for you Matt. I know you're a dalton guy, have you had any experience with the dalton yak? I'm torn on building an MEL extra or the yak. It will be IMAC purposed. I already have a non-MEL version.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Next is to glue and clap the side frames and bottom of the motor box. I used tight bond 3 for these joints.

attachment.php

attachment.php

9395=3306-image.jpg
9395=3306-image.jpg
9395=3307-image.jpg
9395=3307-image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
BikeRacer;9306 wrote: Wow, looking forward to seeing this go along. Sorry to go off topic, but I Have a quick question for you Matt. I know you're a dalton guy, have you had any experience with the dalton yak? I'm torn on building an MEL extra or the yak. It will be IMAC purposed. I already have a non-MEL version.

Hey bike racer, the only experience with the Dalton yak was a few years ago when Ryan was flying the prototype at the Nats. It flys very well. Unfortunately, I haven't flown one yet nor built one. Maybe soon though. I'm flying the MEL, and absolutely love the plane.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
mattymatt;9395 wrote: next is to glue and clap the side frames and bottom of the motor box. I used tight bond 3 for these joints.

9395=3306-image.jpg
9395=3306-image.jpg

9395=3307-image.jpg
9395=3307-image.jpg

clamps!!!!:excitement:

MattyMatt;9412 wrote: Hey bike racer, the only experience with the Dalton yak was a few years ago when Ryan was flying the prototype at the Nats. It flys very well. Unfortunately, I haven't flown one yet nor built one. Maybe soon though. I'm flying the MEL, and absolutely love the plane.
Thanks for the opinion Matt. I just love Yaks and am trying to give myself an excuse to try it instead of the MEL. Great job on the build so far!

tl3

50cc
BikeRacer;9306 wrote: Wow, looking forward to seeing this go along. Sorry to go off topic, but I Have a quick question for you Matt. I know you're a dalton guy, have you had any experience with the dalton yak? I'm torn on building an MEL extra or the yak. It will be IMAC purposed. I already have a non-MEL version.
Hey Bikeracer,

While no hands on experience with the Yak, I spoke pretty extensively w/ Ryan regarding his prototype at the nats a few years ago. FWIW, to the best of my recollection, his feeling was that it flew very much like an ML, but was better in rolling elements, particularly rollers; also has a more constant speed presentation than the Extra variants. Perhaps if Ryan is poking around he can chime in, or certainly Woodisgood can add some info. Personally, I think the Dalton Yak is one of if not the best looking 54 models available...pretty sure it's not a shabby flyer either.