• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

Tseres

150cc
Yeah Matt. I have a bunch of Squares and Clamps I'm not using right now. Remind me when you come to the Worlds I'll loan them to you.

It don't look like you have enough.:biggrin-new:

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
The funny thing... I need more clamps!

The fuse doublers are in and the spruce stringers are set.

9889=3610-image.jpg
9889=3610-image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
24 hours in a day. Sleep when you're dead!

So, the side stringers are two piece CNC ply. Note that the parts with the hole 1/2 way through match to make one stringer. You can see the parts clamped together.

10328=3718-image.jpg
10328=3718-image.jpg

10328=3719-image.jpg
10328=3719-image.jpg

10328=3720-image.jpg
10328=3720-image.jpg

10328=3721-image.jpg
10328=3721-image.jpg

reyn3545

100cc
Thanks for taking the time to take and share the photos.. I really appreciate someone who can start with a box of sticks and end up with a solid competitive airframe.

I've always wanted to go over to China or Taiwan and just see for comparison's sake how they build ARF's. I know everything is built on a jig, but I can't imagine that they spend much time on squaring up every joint, etc.. I know they build several at one time, so it's just a series of repetitive steps for each frame on the table... but I wonder how long they actually take to build a plane.

I was talking to Chris Hinson of Extreme Flight about how they cover... all pieces are pre-cut and the folks at the factory take a household iron with a t-shirt wrapped over it... and iron down the covering. It doesn't remotely compare to the quality of a covering job that has been properly stretched and ironed down, but I do have to admit they look much better today than they did 5 years ago.

Anyway, thanks for bringing the thread over, I'll just admire your work as you share it.

reyn3545

100cc
Interesting too that the Valach 210 can turn a MUCH larger prop than the Moki 250. I guess 2 105cc cylinders produce more torque than 5 50cc's? I've got a 32x12 on my Moki 250.. the plane has more than enough torque, but it flies a little on the slow side. I guess I should expect that with a 55 pound plane, but I would like just a little more speed without having to dive just to gain speed.

I ordered a 3-blade Solo prop.... thinking the motor has plenty of torque to spin just about anything at 5000 RPM... but they corrently have a 4 - 5 month backlog on building props. So, I'll try to keep the plane in one piece until wintertime when the prop arrives!