• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Well, @MattyMatt is either busy with work or he's pissed his photos dropped off the site when we did the upgrade.....

If he's busy then it is what it is. If it's about the photos, I apologize to you guys, it was an unintended consequence of the software upgrade.

C'mon back Matt!

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Hey Ya'll been tied up the last few months with work and family.

I've been slowly working on the challenger and a few other projects.

So, the airplane is framed, and now getting into the nitty-gritty.

Today, i was working on the rudder horn and how i am going to actuate the rudder. I'm not a fan of pull pull at all, and was trying to put the rudder servos in the tail without them showing. Unfortunately, that isn't going to be a simple method, nor a really practical one. So, pull pull it is.

I'll be using the JR MPH83T servos on the rudder. I'll be running two in an SWB tray. So, to figure out where to mount the rudder horn and where the wires would exit the fuse, and where they tray would sit. I'll need the tail weight, especially if the Kolm 310 4 cylinder 4 stroke is ready in time.

Here's a few pics of the rudder horn and the steel rods i used to setup where the wires and tray would sit.

IMG_1392.JPG

Last edited:

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
So, the last picture shows the stick running across the width of the fuse, this is where the SWB 5" rudder arm will sit.