• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nice quiet Christmas! Hope everyone is enjoying the day. I'll be spending a few hours with the challenger today.

So, next is to setup the elevator servos and install the control surface horns.

The plane was designed for two elevator servos each, but that was when the JR8411 was king, with its 155 oz/in of torque. I'll be running one of the JR MPH83T, 563 oz/in of torque... Plenty. Lol

The horns are all G10.

Last edited:

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
The hatch doors are not included in the kit. Like most german kits, they expect you to know how to build and install the gear the way you want.

I wanted to have access to the servos. So, I made the hatches out of 1/16" ply.

Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The hatch doors are not included in the kit. Like most german kits, they expect you to know how to build and install the gear the way you want.

I wanted to have access to the servos. So, I made the hatches out of 1/16" ply.

Looking good, will that cover plate just be covered and surface mounted like that? Beautiful build, I'm going to have to do one of these sometime.