Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

now this scaled down to 1/3 would be awesome

Attached Files:

49dimes, dhal22 and stangflyer like this.
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

laughing-smiley-face.gif
    Zactly. No prop hanging. But consider this. The 320 might be more power than needed, it's just plane, (pun intended) awesome. The cool factor needle pegs all the way over and breaks off as you fire one of those up and then blast off!
    Cool factor needle now broken. Lol

49dimes, Forgues-Research and dhal22 like this.
  3. stangflyer

There could only be one thing more cool than this. A four stroke red headed 220. Omg, I would die.
    fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif

dhal22 and Snoopy1 like this.
  4. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

1/3 scale is 140ish inches so 12' wingspan. 30 lb plane.

49dimes, Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  5. dhal22

This is good news as those are easy to find. I will fly scale and have fun. I will not prop hang though.

6. dhal22

I wished 3W made a 50 - 60ish cc quad.

Attached Files:

7. stangflyer

Oh heck... that is BIG! Most definately get a Pegasus for it. You'd be so cool, you'd need to be defrosted before you flew. I don't think the "Cool Meter" even registers that much cool factor does it?
    unnamed.png

Oh heck, me too!
    double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

dhal22, 49dimes and Forgues-Research like this.
  8. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

you can always anodize the valve covers red lol

stangflyer, dhal22 and 49dimes like this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    That is big plane and at 30 lbs plus you can put a reasonable big gas engine in that. Just the drag of a 12 ft span wing and all the rest will take some power to get going and of the ground. I owned one cub in my life and it was my second one plane it was from Goldberg I belive it was rated at a 60 glow. Every body said it would be a great second plane well it was, and not. When there was no wind you could not ask for a nicer plane to fly loved it but if the wind picked up and was not straight down the runway that was one difficult plane to fly. The good times I can remember with the cub was when I put it on floats and spent day on the water with no wind I just could never get enough of that.

stangflyer likes this.
  10. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

170cc. They have a boxer twin also at 85cc.

dhal22 likes this.