• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

NEW Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak WOW

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
39" twisted hobby Crack yak 55 maiden:

[video=youtube_share;j5123zkhyto]http://youtu.be/j5123zkhyto[/video]

3dNater

Thanks! I just edited the video on youtube to rotate it for better viewing. Sry... didn't realize it was like that.

3dNater

I got three more flights on the yak this morning. Stopped at the club on my way (actually way out of the way) to work. Had a guy yelling at me to stay out past the yellow line... ooh watch out for the catastrophic damage I'm going to inflict with this 20 oz foamy lol. Oh well...

I am getting closer to having it trimmed out right... still trying to find the best cg. It looks like I will need to move my packs back further as it really dives when I roll inverted. It tucks to the gear in ke which is counter intuitive to the cg issue... makes me wonder if it is more of a thrust line thing. Thoughts?

AKfreak

150cc
Thougts is get the CG right first, then deal with the KE issue. The thing with foamies that s kind of a pain is the battery's. You will see packs don't all weigh the same amount. They, might have the same rating, and come from the fame factory, but different runs have different weights (significant differences). Those varying weights have me chasing CG all the time. I have CG marks on the wing root, and pencil marks where the different weight packs live.

TH makes the best foamies I have owned, and all but my Crack Lazer have little quirks that I just live with. They are super fun, and they help me get better all the time. They just aren't a pattern ship that can be dialed in perfectly for every maneuver. At least I haven't been able to do it. Maybe Cody and Chris can set theirs up to do it all perfectly. When I say perfectly, that they don't have to hold additional inputs for corrections to counteract things like KE coupling, or inverted flight.

Like I said, get the CG as good as you can, then mess with the KE coupling. On a side note; I gave up trying to get my MXS-C to not couple. Anymore I just fly it and do constant corrections to keep it going the way I want. It's still a blast, but it frustrated me to no end until I just gave up and flew it.

One day I would love to have a pull on one built by one of the masters (Cody & Chris). I want to know if my building skills are the problem or not.

JTI

30cc
I LOVE THIS PLANE
Twisted Hobby's planes are the best foamies out there.
As much as I still love my Crack Laser this plane is a blast.
It flies well in the wind as long as you have plenty of power. Today 8 to 10 with gusts to 15 no problem at half throttle.
But with light wind it is just so solid and fun.
I enjoy the extra flight times I'm getting, about 8 min with 35% bat left. 1000 to 1300 mAh

My only concern is the motor has a little noise like a bearing going or dirt in it.

hone

150cc
I LOVE THIS PLANE
Twisted Hobby's planes are the best foamies out there.
As much as I still love my Crack Laser this plane is a blast.
It flies well in the wind as long as you have plenty of power. Today 8 to 10 with gusts to 15 no problem at half throttle.
But with light wind it is just so solid and fun.
I enjoy the extra flight times I'm getting, about 8 min with 35% bat left. 1000 to 1300 mAh

My only concern is the motor has a little noise like a bearing going or dirt in it.
That's awesome you're enjoying it so much. The Laser is my favorite so if you like this even more that says a lot.

What're you using for the power system?

My hobby funds are too low to pick up this plane now but it is definitely in my near future :)

JTI

30cc
It is about $300
digital package equipped.
It flies big and solid.
Yesterday the motor ripped out while flying.
I found all the pieces and it will fly again.

JTI

30cc
Sweet flying plane. Probably have 20 flights on it
Crack Yak 55.jpg
And then poof the motor came out.
2014-09-17 15.47.34.jpg

EPP it will fly again

Last edited by a moderator: