• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Parkzone VisionAire

zmonster97

Just me having some fun with my VisionAire in my backyard! Watch in HD.

[video=youtube;yp6TyLxA9g8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp6TyLxA9g8[/video]

joshgluck

100cc
Thanks for sharing the video Seth. We've been hearing (and seeing) lots of great stuff about the VisionAire. Seems like a great "grab and go" airplane for 3D fun.

By the way, BIG CONGRATS to our friend Zach (zmonster97) for his contributions and mention in the VisionAire article within MA this month. Way to go Zach!

Really awesome to see you in the mag. You should be very proud! Congrats

Brill

30cc
Picked up a VisionAire yesterday and grabbed a quick flight in fairly windy conditions, the plane is a blast! I also don't like the prop, seems to really chew its way through the air! Going to test some different props this weekend if the wind dies down.

brill

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I just crashed mine, the stabs came off in flight. I recommend you glue them in and not just rely on the tape strips. Also, I used a APC 12-6 prop and it seemed to work better.

Brill

30cc
Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure to double check my stabs.

The manual warns about flutter with WOT and the stock 12x4 prop, so I will be extra careful when trying a deeper pitched prop.

brill

Brill

30cc
Managed 6 flights on the VisionAire tonight, 2 with stock prop, 2 with APC 12x6E and 2 with APC 13x6.5E. I my opinion a 6 or greater pitch is too much, the airframe is designed to fly slow, the deeper pitched props felt too fast.

Going to try an APC 13x4E if the LHS has one instock.

Later

brill

gyro

GSN Contributor
Managed 6 flights on the VisionAire tonight, 2 with stock prop, 2 with APC 12x6E and 2 with APC 13x6.5E. I my opinion a 6 or greater pitch is too much, the airframe is designed to fly slow, the deeper pitched props felt too fast.

Going to try an APC 13x4E if the LHS has one instock.

Later

brill

I saw one flying at FLI Dallas, and it was doing pretty well in the wind!

-G