• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D PAU 100cc EXTRA 300sp

3dbandit

100cc
Just finished hinging the rudder with the same method used on the elevators and ailerons.
13796=7793-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409546156.326533.jpg
13796=7793-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409546156.326533.jpg

3dbandit

100cc
I've just finished installing the control horns for the second time...

I didn't realize the washers for the nuts and bolts are not the same. They are side specific.

Starting to route the servo leads tonight.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Jacob, I hope to see you plane soon: Delta Airline messed on checking in our dog today.

This lead to the dog missing the flight, so we refused to leave without the dog on boars.

We are re-scheduled to leave tomorrow and plan to be in Florida on Sunday.

3dbandit

100cc
Islandflyer;15397 wrote: Jacob, I hope to see you plane soon: Delta Airline messed on checking in our dog today.

This lead to the dog missing the flight, so we refused to leave without the dog on boars.

We are re-scheduled to leave tomorrow and plan to be in Florida on Sunday.

That's too bad that Delta messed up. Dog is part of the family though.

Once the plane is done, we should try and meet up for a day of flying.

3dbandit

100cc
Note to all:

Debonder damages the tinting of the canopy.

I was working with some debonder to get ca off my fingers and a bit got on the inside of the canopy glass. It caused some serious scuff marks.

I was able to use car polishing compound to buff the scratches out, but it is not perfect.

3dbandit

100cc
f3eb0ccf5e0ca58e3580a076859834ed.jpg

Rudder assembly done. I'm using a 6 3/8 inch 4-40 pushrod with a carbon fiber sleeve glued on.

2 inch servo arm.

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
3dbandit;19997 wrote:
f3eb0ccf5e0ca58e3580a076859834ed.jpg

Rudder assembly done. I'm using a 6 3/8 inch 4-40 pushrod with a carbon fiber sleeve glued on.

2 inch servo arm.

Is that hole there for the rudder servo? I am running pull/pull in mine and I like push/pull in my planes better.

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
HMMM. I got mine used and did not build it, but I did not see that in the manual I downloaded. I do have a V1 plane though.

Thanks for the info!