• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D PAU 100cc EXTRA 300sp

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
3dbandit said
I'll be sure to have videos once I have the plane flying.

Almost there...

Here's whats left: throttle servo and linkage, cut and baffle cowl, install ignition system,  install fuel system, CG.
Hmmmm......ya done yet?
laughing.gif

3dbandit

100cc
stangflyer said

3dbandit said
I'll be sure to have videos once I have the plane flying.

Almost there...

Here's whats left: throttle servo and linkage, cut and baffle cowl, install ignition system,  install fuel system, CG.
Hmmmm......ya done yet?
laughing.gif

Not yet.

I got a bit done today. Cowl is cut, fuel system is in, throttle and choke are done.

I just need to baffle the cowl and check the CG.

I'll post some pictures later.

I'm anticipating a maiden flight Friday or Saturday.

3dbandit

100cc
For some reason I can't get the pics to upload upright. Sorry about that.

I'll Post some more pics tomorrow.

IMG_0548-1.JPG

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

IMG_0555-1.JPG

IMG_0556-1.JPG

IMG_0557-1.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Oh my....looks like in number four and number five, that bad boy is getting all primed for some 3D action. You best grab hold of them sticks.
laughing.gif
Seriously though....great pics. Keep 'em comin'....

3dbandit

100cc
I set up the choke with a carbon pushrod going from the arm to the can tunnel cover plate.

I glued an aluminum tune into the cover plate to keep the carbon from from catching on the wood.

I will be reaching through the hole in the bottom of the cowl for choke actuation

IMG_0561-1.JPG

IMG_0560-1.JPG

3dbandit

100cc
I finished all the building tonight.

Just need to check the CG and fly it!!!

I'll get some more pics up and hopefully a video later in the week.

brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
banana-dancing-with-mario-smiley-emoticon.gif
brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

3dbandit

100cc
I did the maiden flight tonight; unfortunately there wasn't any one at the field who could video...

The plane flies VERY well. Good high speed characteristics, Snaps well, rolls clean, tracks straight. It has phenomenal low speed characteristics; a very low stall speed and high control surface authority close to stall.

I am very surprised how efficient the controls are. Although they are smaller than on other planes I have owned, they were equally as effective, and the plane didn't slow down with control surfaces deflected.

The 27x12th mejzlik prop I have on the plane is absolutely sick. Lots of pull, very fast...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ahhh!!! Cool.... Would love to see a video or pictures when you have time. Thanks for taking the time to post.

3dbandit

100cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHqZeMX5YmQ&list=UUax9OMPcl3IzniiS1oA_LrA

Here is a video from last night of the planes second flight.