• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Tseres

150cc
I finished gluing the Elevators and Ruder. If everything worked out then I'll move on to the wings. DSC_0118.JPGDSC_0119.JPG

Tseres

150cc
I like that idea too: will do on my next assembly!
Right now, I am focusing on the upcoming container though: I moved delivery to forward to Tuesday when I am more confident that I will have help forunloading.
Then I have to put the hardware in the boxes, and start shipping...

Looks like some people are getting their goodies in time for Christmas.:woohoo!:

Tseres

150cc
I picked the tape from around the hinges and they all work like thy are on ball barrings. Then I set up the tail wheel. I always hated setting up the springs cause I could never get the wheel to be straight with the rudder. I'll share a method of setting up the springs that I learned from the Head Honcho Herve. This is adjustable and made my life easier. It has also held up for 2 years on my Edge even when Ben landed on the tailwheel and cut the tire of the rim.:)

The springs that come in the kit needs to be modified. They need a loop bent on each end. Then you use the small zip ties and zip one tie on each end. The holes that come in the tail wheel parts need to be opened up. I used a drill bit that looked close to the diameter of the zip tie. There is plenty of side wall left around the holes after you open them up to fit the zip ties. Next you thread the zip tie through the holes and put another zip tie on each end to hold them in place.

To adjust the wheel I taped the counterbalance in place with some masking tape. Then I centered the spring between the two attaching points. Next I adjusted the other side to be equal to the first side. Start tightening the bottom first and give both sides equal lengths on the lower zip ties. Hold the tailwheel off the table so it's loose and tighten up the upper zip ties till you feel that you have enough tension. Once your satisfied on the wheel being centered,cut the excess off with side cutters. You're done.

If you try this method I think you'll like it well enough to keep doing it this way from now on.

DSC_0120.JPG DSC_0121.JPG DSC_0122.JPG DSC_0123.JPG DSC_0124.JPG DSC_0125.JPG DSC_0126.JPG DSC_0127.JPG

Tseres

150cc
The mailman did show up with the servos and the servo arms today. I couldn't resist mounting a few of them. I found out right away that the Savox Servos were a hare bigger then the opening in the plane. No problem I just opened up the holes with a square file. The servos are about 1/16th of an inch longer then the hole was in the wood.

Took some pictures of the specks of the servos. One might say this is overkill... I think it's just right.:yesss:

DSC_0128.JPGDSC_0129.JPGDSC_0130.JPGDSC_0131.JPGDSC_0132.JPGDSC_0133.JPGDSC_0134.JPGDSC_0135.JPGDSC_0136.JPGDSC_0137.JPG

BalsaDust

Sub'd.

I really like the way the servos mount in the stabs. Next big bird I build I might go that route. Nice and clean

Tseres

150cc
I got one of the wings hinged yesterday. I'll finish the other one today and post some pictures later.