• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 35% Extra 300SP Opinions

Torquerolljoe;5348 wrote: For you that have one or have flown one of the PAU 35% Extra 300sp, what are your opinions? Does it 3D well? I know it should fly IMAC well, just curious on the 3D side. I have seen plenty of videos of pilots flying it, but traits does it have that you like/don't like?

I bought one recently, going to get assembling soon, but guessing it will go over the winter. I expect it will fly well, judging by the videos I watched.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
mooneyrocket;8807 wrote: Dan!!!!! It's nice to hear from you! Really? Like there is options on the 8fg such as "2 ailerons 2 flaps" or "1 aileron" do you mean if you select one of those?

Trev

Trevor,

You only need to "match" servos if you have more than one servo per surface, to make sure they are not fighting each other. When it comes to the stabs/elevators, plug each servo into a different channel on the RX and use the "AILEVATOR" (I think?) function on your radio to allow them to function properly.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
mooneyrocket;8807 wrote: Dan!!!!! It's nice to hear from you! Really? Like there is options on the 8fg such as "2 ailerons 2 flaps" or "1 aileron" do you mean if you select one of those?

Trev

Trevor,

Go to page 62 of the 8FG manual, you'll see a picture of the tail types you can pick. The option for the "AILVATOR" is the one you want. It's separate from the wing type.

I'm basing my answer on thinking you have the 8FG Super, or that you have upgraded the 8FG to the Super with the software updates. If not, the software updates are here:http://www.futaba-rc.com/software-updates.html

Astrohog;8824 wrote: Trevor,

You only need to "match" servos if you have more than one servo per surface, to make sure they are not fighting each other. When it comes to the stabs/elevators, plug each servo into a different channel on the RX and use the "AILEVATOR" (I think?) function on your radio to allow them to function properly.

Dan767;8840 wrote: Trevor,

Go to page 62 of the 8FG manual, you'll see a picture of the tail types you can pick. The option for the "AILVATOR" is the one you want. It's separate from the wing type.

I'm basing my answer on thinking you have the 8FG Super, or that you have upgraded the 8FG to the Super with the software updates. If not, the software updates are here:http://www.futaba-rc.com/software-updates.html

Ok thanks guys, I'll try that tomorrow morning. So the transmitter matches the servos itself? That's cool. Thanks again you 2!

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Trevor, you need to match the servos on the ailerons so they do not fight each other, but you also need to match the elevator servos for proper flight performance.

Not properly matching the elevators will not cause any mechanical issue, but will result in poor flight performance

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
For you that already own one of these birds, what length servo extensions did you need and how many of each? I want to order some from Taildragger.

Thanks, Joseph

Torquerolljoe;8909 wrote: For you that already own one of these birds, what length servo extensions did you need and how many of each? I want to order some from Taildragger.

Thanks, Joseph

Like two 48" for the elevators coming from the back of the plane to the front to your rx, two 36" from the far 2 aileron servos, two 12" for the closest servos in the ailerons.

Islandflyer;8888 wrote: Trevor, you need to match the servos on the ailerons so they do not fight each other, but you also need to match the elevator servos for proper flight performance.

Not properly matching the elevators will not cause any mechanical issue, but will result in poor flight performance

Yea that's my plan, I guess my transmitter has a built in matching system in it ? I got the smartfly servo matching system anyways just in case ;)

Spencer N

New to GSN!
Torquerolljoe;5348 wrote: For you that have one or have flown one of the PAU 35% Extra 300sp, what are your opinions? Does it 3D well? I know it should fly IMAC well, just curious on the 3D side. I have seen plenty of videos of pilots flying it, but traits does it have that you like/don't like?

You can't go wrong with the extra. Over time i have found that previous freestyle airplanes have either been floaty and could not do fast precise maneuvers, or fast and precise but couldn't do slow 3d. The PAU extra is the perfect combination of both, it does great high speed precision, but it can also slow down to a crawl and be absolutely stable. Definitely my favorite plane for freestyle:smile-new:

Tseres

150cc
I know I'm terrible since I learned to post big pictures but here is Spencer with the low and slow and the high and fast. Sorry I don't have a picture of him low and fast.
attachment.php
attachment.php

9638=3496-DSC_0224.jpg
9638=3496-DSC_0224.jpg
9638=3497-DSC_0227.jpg
9638=3497-DSC_0227.jpg