• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Question....Is the hitec 7954sh enough for rudder on the 36 edge? It is 400 in lbs on hv.
It depends of how you fly: for many people, yes.
For hard flyers, probably not.

I am just catching up after returning from Joe Nall.
I am surprised to see these sheered bolts: my planes are all built with stock hardware, and I never had that happen...
Maybe the US bought bolts are not as good as they used to be, or there is a set up issue?
I will keep an eye on these occurrences.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Colton set mine up.
He's pretty good at it...
And I should also add, it's no big deal. I had an extra bolt, and if it happens again, I'll just see if I can source some local replacements. I'll be off with Colton and Stephen this Saturday at Roger Browns place, I'll get him to look at it while I'm there.

Last edited:

witchfingers

70cc twin V2

I am surprised to see these sheered bolts: my planes are all built with stock hardware, and I never had that happen...
Maybe the US bought bolts are not as good as they used to be, or there is a set up issue?
What do you run in the ones you guys flog at the shows? After I get used to it I plan on flying it like it was free.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
What do you run in the ones you guys flog at the shows? After I get used to it I plan on flying it like it was free.

Are you brand specific on your servos? If not here is my typical 35% setup:

On A123's:
Savox 1283's on all surfaces, 1230 on rudder in tail, 1256 on throttle

On HV:
Savox 1270 on all surfaces, 2230 on rudder in tail, 1267 on throttle

Before I switched to Savox:
7954 on all surfaces, 7950 on rudder (and elevator depending on your flying syle), and 5665 on throttle

Also remember if you are running a pull-pull rudder you will need more servo power or dual servos. Also the MKS line of servos is looking really fantastic, so perhaps someone can suggest a full setup on that. I know the MKS777 is really nice for a 35% but don't know about rudder?

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I grabbed a 777 for the rudder on my 60cc yak and it is pretty sweet. A little more money than the savox 1270 i wanted but its all aluminum case including the top.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2

Herve, would you mind sharing the distance from the hinge line on your setup? I know on my ailerons I have them a tad bit below 1-3/4" from the hinge line. Basically setup to give me 40 degrees of throw with 1.5" arms and servos around 130. Don't remember on my elevators but running around 45-50 degrees of throw with a similar mechanical advantage. I know I have had a real problem keeping my edge in trim and am still fighting that. I'm wandering if it's the bolts slightly bending or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Herve, would you mind sharing the distance from the hinge line on your setup? I know on my ailerons I have them a tad bit below 1-3/4" from the hinge line. Basically setup to give me 40 degrees of throw with 1.5" arms and servos around 130. Don't remember on my elevators but running around 45-50 degrees of throw with a similar mechanical advantage. I know I have had a real problem keeping my edge in trim and am still fighting that. I'm wandering if it's the bolts slightly bending or something along those lines.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which hinge line?
To where?