• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Ailerons...basically the height of your control horn, hinge line to center of clevis. I'm wandering if I need to make mine a little shorter to put less stress on the bolt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ailerons...basically the height of your control horn, hinge line to center of clevis. I'm wandering if I need to make mine a little shorter to put less stress on the bolt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The inboard in screwed all the way in.
On the Edge I get 140mm of travel down, 130mm Up with the ATV at about 100%
Then I do what it takes on the outboard to match the inboard, WITHOUT changing the ATV if possible (also at or around 100%).

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Thanks. That's probably part of my problem then. Mine are about a 1/4" higher. I usually measure on these types of horns and atv's usually end up within 3-4 points of each other. I really like the fact that it takes very little radio adjustment on these to get the servos matched.

Before the maiden on my second edge, I'll change my setup to resemble yours and see what happens. Do you recommend 10mm of differential? I have mine at 40 deg up and down which if I remember right was about 145 mm both ways. It seemed to roll very axial with that setup.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The wings being a little higher that the center of the fuse, it make sense to have a little more down that up.
I have it the other way around on the Extra.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I will be honest that I have never set up differential on any aerobatic plane. But, now you have me thinking about it!! What's the best way to test if differential is needed. I think the main thing I've heard is to do a throttle off down line with full aileron and watch the fuse??

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
The only place I've seen it referenced is on the peter goldsmith chart. Basically setup to do a roll with no corrections and see whether the plane walks right or left and adjust from there.

I know on my ef104, I threw it together in a hurry and had about 6 or 7 degrees difference in up/down throw on the ailerons and that thing would not not roll worth a crap and walk all over the place. Went back after the maiden and setup everything to match and that problem went away.

I was under the assumption that differential was needed on models that are skin hinged to where they are less effective in the down position requiring more down than up. Never thought of it from Herve's perspective, but then again that's why I leave the plane design to the pro's and just fly :)

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
That makes two of us. I've "heard" if you get a barrel roll effect, you may need differential?
I don't know that I've ever had a plane that really needed it, based on that test.. Mine seem to have very axial rolls.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I will be honest that I have never set up differential on any aerobatic plane. But, now you have me thinking about it!! What's the best way to test if differential is needed. I think the main thing I've heard is to do a throttle off down line with full aileron and watch the fuse??
Easiest way is straight down roll, and watch the spinner.