• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 30% Edge 540. Who's Flying it!?

emtp275

100cc
I would use something like silicone or GOOP. To the gear and make it a loose fit at the covering so any gear flex wont harm the fuse or cuff. I have tried screws and a bunch of other BS.
Yea my 104 has screws in it but if i have issues with them Ill take them off im not very patient, dont want an ugly reminder of where they use to be if that happens

emtp275

100cc
Thinking about trying a short strip of 3M molding tape, Its the foam stuff like you use to put vent shades on, holds really good and easy to slide a knife under and do away with, I think the new edge comes with these and the new style wheel pant so it could be a test relevant to the edge LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I know im depressed i couldn't get to 85deg, but jokes aside I have been impressed with his one sense the moment I opened the box, I have put all together maybe 4hrs of work in her and all thats left is waiting on the new power plant so i can install it and figuring out the balance so i can clean up all the radio install, Pilot really has it together.
so, you and Donnie are not disappointed that I suggested a pilot for you guys?

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL.. What type of wax do you use. WOW. HAD TO PUT SOME SHADE ON AND. ITS 2.00AM
very_drunk.png

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yea the front dump pro flow will work in the front slots. At first I had borrowed a friends can don't know what one (3W or Johnson) but the stinger came off the front face of can and meant I had to do surgery. I decided for a rear dump and the bigger slotted area. Install went fast and easy. That's all:).
Exacta-mundo....
These new ARF's really fly well. Very stable and forgiving. You got time to recover from a mental block or if the plane gets nocked around a bit. They really help you stay in control. Just don't put the radio down. LoL
Exacta-mundo.... "AGAIN". I nearly lost my lil beater Edge Yesterday, but remembered how well they fly..... eased out of the elevator, leveled out just about six feet off the deck, mashed the gas and was right back in it bringing it around for a nice, gentle Harrier landing. Ok, so the rudder didn't think it was so nice. LOL.
Ok I'm digging deep here sense we have a few Pilot guy's, I decided to put the gear cuffs on sense I was way ahead of the game, I read in another post that they glued them on, What glue would I use and would I glue to the gear or the covering?View attachment 25362
For what it is worth, I strongly suggest "NOT" using hot glue. Or any glue for that matter. I did that once and it left a terrible reminder of how tough it is to get things off that are hot glued. Soooo..... using the really good 3M double sided tape works really well. Slide the cuff up tight to the fuse, hold in position while you draw a line around the gear..... remove cuff and add a band of double sided tape....slide cuff back into position and done. You may have to measure the clearance and distance between the cuff and the gear. May have to do more than one wrap. But that stuff is awesome. Stays put while you are doing your business. But if you need to remove later, easily removed cuffs and the residue of the tape can be easily removed also.