• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not much accomplished tonight. I did however manage to get my 50 ounce Taildragger RC fuel tank re-plumbed and strapped down. New 1/8" Tygon fuel tubing inside and out. Also re-routed the gas pedal servo lead on the left of the fuse, and the pin flag switch and ignition power lead on the right.
20180604_205819.jpg

Tomorrow I plan to get the aileron Multi-plex harnesses installed, flight packs and tail gear bolted in place. The fuse is getting real close to being done.
double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking nice and tidy, cannot belive how big those plains are with 50 oz tank in place and still have space on either side of the tank to slide your hands in.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looking nice and tidy, cannot belive how big those plains are with 50 oz tank in place and still have space on either side of the tank to slide your hands in.
Oh, without a doubt! You really have no relative concept of the size other than overall appearance. That is until you start installing certain items. The fuel tank being one of them. There is gobs of room in these big fuselages. That's why I like them big. LOL

What fuel dot is that?
Tanner, the little story behind the fuel dot goes something like this. When I first acquired my 260 it had a DA fuel dot in it. As the previous owner had a DA 150 on the front of it. I just couldn't bring myself to run it on there with my 3w 157 CS on the nose. My buddy had one from 3w and since he had a DA 170, we swapped out. I think that's where he got it. But I am not sure.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tanner, the little story behind the fuel dot goes something like this. When I first acquired my 260 it had a DA fuel dot in it. As the previous owner had a DA 150 on the front of it. I just couldn't bring myself to run it on there with my 3w 157 CS on the nose. My buddy had one from 3w and since he had a DA 170, we swapped out. I think that's where he got it. But I am not sure.

The DA dot is a bit easier to use than the 3W one with the screw on cap. I customized my fuel probe to fit in the 3W dot so I didn't need to use a small piece of hose between them. The DA dot is simpler, but there both pretty cool.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The DA dot is a bit easier to use than the 3W one with the screw on cap. I customized my fuel probe to fit in the 3W dot so I didn't need to use a small piece of hose between them. The DA dot is simpler, but there both pretty cool.
Thank you for bringing this up. I can't say for sure what brand the dot is. I had thought Tom, (my buddy here) got it from them (3w or Aircraft International) years ago. It is just like any other fuel dot. Aluminum housing with the aluminum plug with barbs for the fill line, it slides into the housing.
fuel dot 2.jpg fuel dot 3.jpg fuel dot.jpg
I liked it because it just looked classy.
As a side note, I hope no one took offense to my DA comment. Nothing meant malicious, just didn't want to mix DA dot and 3w BEASTY Red head.
:lol2:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not able to get anything done on the 330 tonight. Came home from work feeling pretty beat. That danged broken foot from nearly five years ago is aching something fierce and I think someone is trying to pass their rheumatism off on me. Ah the joys of getting old. Yuk.
Will try to get more accomplished in a day or so fellas. Thanks for being patient.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Not able to get anything done on the 330 tonight. Came home from work feeling pretty beat. That danged broken foot from nearly five years ago is aching something fierce and I think someone is trying to pass their rheumatism off on me. Ah the joys of getting old. Yuk.
Will try to get more accomplished in a day or so fellas. Thanks for being patient.

Looking really good but I am certainly in no hurry. Taking me forever just to try to get a new engine mounted in the Alien. And the house work has been KILLER lately. I'm sticking to doing the laundry and THAT'S IT! lol