• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You sir, have no Scruples. LMAO
1jjmtv.jpg
:lol2:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer could you do me a favour please. Would be so kind as to tell how much a set of wings weigh of a 40% aircraft complete with wing tube and servos. Thanks.

Not a problem. I can give you an approximate as not all 40 centers are the same. The 40% 260 is a much smaller airframe, (Not much bigger than a 35% 330) than the 40% 330. The 40% 330 is larger than the 40 center Sukhoi. (Depending on manufacturer). The 40% Sbach is pretty close in size to the 330. The Edge somewhere in between. And of course the 40% Behemoth Yak is, well just plain big. So relative size of the full scale will ultimately dictate the size of their perspective 40% counter parts. Now as for weight, they are all fairly close to one another. But again, it would depend on setup. As well as construction techniques. 2 servos vs. 3. Straight extensions vs. Multi-plex harnesses, snakeskin or the like. All this being taken into consideration, my 40% Yak wings with 3 servos per each aileron, harnesses and wing tube are right at 11.5 pounds. My 260 were about 10 on the nose. The Hangar 9 Sukhoi with two servos per each aileron, harnesses and tube are 10.8 pounds. As for the 330? No clue yet but will get a weight once they are flight ready. In reality, anywhere between 9 to 12 pounds seems about right. Keep in mind Extreme Flight is probably lighter, and PAU Edge I know for a fact is pretty close and similar to my SD 260. Does this help or is ya confused?