• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 107" Extra 330SC

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I run a Mej 29x10S on mine, it's a pretty quiet setup especially with the Pro Flow cans, power is still awesome. I may try a couple of Falcon propellers and I want to try stock mufflers too.

Joe Hunt

150cc
As usual, I'm in.

Not too much new after doing the 122"... but I've learned a couple of things about Pilot. I'm cutting the hinges out and installing twice as many Robart hinges. The hinges on the ailerons and elevators on my 122" started to fall apart after less than 10 flights. The rudder hinges are stout but there are only four, so I recommend at least adding one to the top. The other thing like I said above is that the plane is barely glued together, just a little hot glue. So, thin CA on every wood to wood connection is a must.

Spats

100cc
Not too much new after doing the 122"... but I've learned a couple of things about Pilot. I'm cutting the hinges out and installing twice as many Robart hinges. The hinges on the ailerons and elevators on my 122" started to fall apart after less than 10 flights. The rudder hinges are stout but there are only four, so I recommend at least adding one to the top. The other thing like I said above is that the plane is barely glued together, just a little hot glue. So, thin CA on every wood to wood connection is a must.

Yes, Tony went to a new hinge a while back and has had nothing but problems with them so he switched to a new hinge recently. I had a couple break on me as well. As far as the glue I have never had a problem with a glue joint in fact Pilots have always seemed better to me than many other ARF's but who knows it's a mass produced factory thing so maybe I've been lucky.