• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 107" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Yes, Tony went to a new hinge a while back and has had nothing but problems with them so he switched to a new hinge recently. I had a couple break on me as well. As far as the glue I have never had a problem with a glue joint in fact Pilots have always seemed better to me than many other ARF's but who knows it's a mass produced factory thing so maybe I've been lucky.

I had the tunnel pop out clean, no damaged wood... several other joints popped out clean too, no broken wood. And, my rudder hinges and elevator hinges popped out clean too. Still, things like the cowl and the hatch are no wear, no maintenance, items... which is awesome. And, all the X bracing keeps holding up to my constant high G maneuvers, as well as my now routine crashes. haha

Spats

100cc
I had the tunnel pop out clean, no damaged wood... several other joints popped out clean too, no broken wood. And, my rudder hinges and elevator hinges popped out clean too. Still, things like the cowl and the hatch are no wear, no maintenance, items... which is awesome. And, all the X bracing keeps holding up to my constant high G maneuvers, as well as my now routine crashes. haha

Wow! That's a lot. Someone must have been saving glue at their bench LOL. I would be a little upset over that. I'll pass this along to Tony:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yes, Tony went to a new hinge a while back and has had nothing but problems with them so he switched to a new hinge recently. I had a couple break on me as well. As far as the glue I have never had a problem with a glue joint in fact Pilots have always seemed better to me than many other ARF's but who knows it's a mass produced factory thing so maybe I've been lucky.
Haven't had any issues with any of the hinges in my Pilots. Glue joints have been more than adequate. In fact far better than a few other brands I have recently dealt with. Maybe my airframes were built on Wednesday?

Monday: Hangovers and don't wanna git with it day.:mad:
Tuesday: Ok, feeling better but still don't wanna git with it day.:confused:
Wednesday: Ok, feeling great and looking forward to the weekend gotta git something done good day.:adore:
Thursday: Too busy making plans for the weekend to be bothered with working day.:rolleyes:
Friday: Umm, no...most definitely can't be bothered with work, I'm a ghost and outta here day.:ghost:

Was looking to make the 107 330sc my next 35%'er. I still have an extra motor and all the goodies. But then, everyone would expect me to fly it like all the Joes. Joe Hunt, Joe Smith. I think I will just buy a foamie instead. LOL

Joe Hunt

150cc
Are you guys that have good success with the pilot RC hinges by chance running the clear hinges? The grey hinges are stout, the clear hinges are junk for me.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Are you guys that have good success with the pilot RC hinges by chance running the clear hinges? The grey hinges are stout, the clear hinges are junk for me.