• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes, the tube should point up if the wings are bottom side down. I don't know what you could use or not use, but, I could send you my build photo diary.

Attachments

• 49.JPG
    49.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 214

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @acerc,

Isn't it ironic how much quicker the second one goes together? The Bulldog is Looking awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.:D

Jaketab

50cc
Attempting to demonstrate the angle of the wing tube. The wing tube socket passes through the 1st 3 ribs. The tube socket rises up slightly from the flat table surface. The 1st rib is angled to account for dihedral. You can see the angle in the 1st spacer block. The remaining ribs are perpendicular to the building table ????????

Attachments

• DSCF4027.JPG
    DSCF4027.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF4024.JPG
    DSCF4024.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 199

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Attempting to demonstrate the angle of the wing tube. The wing tube socket passes through the 1st 3 ribs. The tube socket rises up slightly from the flat table surface. The 1st rib is angled to account for dihedral. You can see the angle in the 1st spacer block. The remaining ribs are perpendicular to the building table ????????
@Jaketab, those are correct, if all three are slid on the wing tube abutting each other one can see how all three are tapered.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
All the pin striping has been completed and getting ready to start the vinyl/ decals/ logos. It is going slower than normal because I have been working on cleaning up some seams. I can live with minor issues such as a small bubble or wrinkle in a stripe, a dust bump, little things that won't jump right out at you. But the seams on the turtle deck I could not let go, at first I thought they were good but the inspection after the yellow told a different story. I have been filling and sanding in and out of striping and one more sanding and it will be right, then spray yellow and it will be done.

Attachments

• P1080268.JPG
    P1080268.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 210
  • P1080269.JPG
    P1080269.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 190
  • P1080270.JPG
    P1080270.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 195

Jaketab

50cc
Ace,

Thanks - no hurry. I'm working at snails pace to get it right.
I measured the angle of the rib spacer next to the root rib.
The angle or dihedral appears to be 8 degrees. ???????????
It's starting to make better sense today after sleeping on it.

Somewhere down the road I'll pick a color and scheme.
Will possibly be the classic red Pitts S1.
Do you know of were to get graphics for this plane??????

Regards - J Tab