• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And for Jeff, a tease of what's to come tomorrow.

Attachments

• P1080264.JPG
    P1080264.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 222

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That's true for a lot of them but not all. The difference in them and us is their covering can be shrank much tighter thus allowing for wet sanding and the such. If I shrank one of my coverings like full scale the wing and/or fuse would fold in half. That leaves us without the ability to do all the finish work as they do.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
All the touch up's have been done as well as painting the bottom of the bottom wing black. Yea, that one got me, I was sitting here early this morning going over photos and making notes as to where what logos go. That's when it hit me, hey dumb ass! I also picked up the silver stripe. I will give this about two hours to dry and air-out then begin applying the stripes, logos, and vinyl.

Jaketab

50cc
Hello,

Getting ready to start building the lower wings on the 3.07m Pitts. A little advice to get started please.
The rails 2 (helling strips) are nailed to the building table noting orientation. Parts are laid out.
Questions - are the 2 main lower spars pinned to the rails ????
What I'm seeking advice for is a general order of steps to proceed with when building the wings????
Any other advice or caution to proceed with on the wings.

Thanks - Jaketab

Jaketab

50cc
Reference the above post, attached pic shows the stage of the wing build I am attempting.
Looking for steps 1 - 2 - 3 ect before proceeding.

Jaketab

Attachments

• DSCF4023.JPG
    DSCF4023.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 208

Billy J

50cc
Get on it Ace !!!! Looks great r u clearing afterward ? Make a building panthlet with pics and info for us in English. M sure whom ever attacks this beast would purchse it ! Great looking paint job / got to Love them Pitts

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Reference the above post, attached pic shows the stage of the wing build I am attempting.
Looking for steps 1 - 2 - 3 ect before proceeding.

Jaketab
@Jaketab I did not pin to the rails, just used weights to hold down while assembling. Two thing's of caution, use wax or parchment paper over the helling strips so as not to glue the wing to it. And make absolute the orientation of the ribs and the webs prior to starting, study the cd it does show them. I went as far as assembling with tape and weights, placed the wing tube in, double checked orientation and tube angle before starting the gluing process. The ribs with the tube cut-outs are very close in angle so just make sure. I also would highly recommend making a filet for the trailing edge sheet, it is very weak as is, solid balsa or some carbon fiber would do wonders. Also check the left and right plans for any difference in measurements and compensate prior to starting.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Get on it Ace !!!! Looks great r u clearing afterward ? Make a building panthlet with pics and info for us in English. M sure whom ever attacks this beast would purchse it ! Great looking paint job / got to Love them Pitts
You bet I'm clearing after all the vinyl is on. If anyone is attempting this build and don't have the experience then they need to research and study what is needed so to build on their ability. It definitely is not a beginners kit but it is not so far out there as to be too difficult for anyone with a little experience. Not jabbing at those such as Jaketab for asking question's, that is a smart thing to do. I found a couple threads on the German forums of this build which helped a good bit, as well as advice and tips from EMHW and Vogelsang.

Last edited:

Jaketab

50cc
Robert,

That's the sort of info I'm looking for. I've spent hours reviewing build threads and downloading pictures, including one from Germany.
Nothing like OTJ training. I'm working at a snails pace to avoid mistakes.
Glad you mentioned the wing tube orientation. I may have missed that. If the wings are flat on the table, the wing tube socket should point upward going toward the fuse to account for lower wing dihedral ??? Yes - No ???
Not a lot of photos on the CD that came with the kit.
I have 2 manuals. The one from EMHW is in German on the CD. The other in poorly translated English is the Eagle manual sent to me by Vogelsang. I would post the manuals for all to see, but the files are too large to upload. Would be glad to email the manuals if anyone wants to review.

Thanks - Jaketab