• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Plane Stand Pro - fuselage stand.

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
Hi Terry

Would you be willing selling the plan alone ? getting the kit half way across the globe would cost me a bomb

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Terry
Would you be willing selling the plan alone ? getting the kit half way across the globe would cost me a bomb

I apologize and with all due respect, no I will not sell plans, drawings are files of basically anything that I design. There is another thread where Pistolera had posted some pics that I expanded off of that is a very inexpensive way to get roughly the same results.

sweetpea

100cc
Cool, will hopefully start shipping in a couple weeks and we will try to have a half dozen on hand and ready to go once we get going.
I have some personal things going on that I can't spend $$ yet. I would hope 2-4 weeks things will stabilize.....or they get worse.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just a hint, this is a basic wood kit so don't be afraid to experiment and modify it to fit your needs. If you come up with something cool, post it, maybe I'll incorporate it. For me I wanted to make it easier to adjust the height of the stand quickly, so locked the nut on the lower half with a loose fit and gooped around the washer to keep it in place. I used thick CA and goop to lock the washer and nut together on top, then I got a 3/8" threaded stud handle from McMaster Carr and now it is one handle and 1/4 turn from loose to tight to rapidly adjust the height.

This is why I am purposely leaving out hardware (and to keep it simple and as cheap as possible) so it can be modified to suit your needs and ideas!!

Attachments

• _DSC0632.JPG
    _DSC0632.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 357
  • _DSC0633.JPG
    _DSC0633.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 326

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Yes, ease of adjustment is nice; no need to go looking for a wrench, socket, screwdriver, etc. My current plane stand is setup that way; blind nut on one side and a four lobe knob with stud on the other. Loosen a quarter turn, adjust and then retighten, easy one hand operation.

McMaster-Carr has a large selection of handles and knobs. Can probably be found locally at a well stocked hardware store as well.

4 lobe knobs.jpg