Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Plans built P-51

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Red Raider, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

If I build one it won't need an engine because I'll be too afraid of crashing it to actually fly it!

2. Then there is no point in building it, is there.....

stangflyer likes this.
  3. Bartman

Nah...I'll fly it...I'll be nervous as hell but I'll fly it. :)

The library at our grammar school had Model Airplane News and in those days Bud Nosen had a full page ad every month so I've been looking at his big Mustang since about 1975. It's probably time I start banging one out, but a -B model so it can be made to look like Excalibur III

https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/north-american-p-51c-excalibur-iii

That would be the plan anyway, I'm a slow builder so it could take a while!

stangflyer likes this.
  4. Bartman

What's the verdict on the best plans set? George? Roger? Fred? I'm inclined to trust Roger. :)

stangflyer and Forgues-Research like this.
  5. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

your putting pressure on me but on the other hand they are not my plans, so I can say they are the most scale outhere, as far as I am concerned
    So do you want a copy , what is your email.

Red Raider likes this.
  6. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

never mind found your email and sent

7. Bartman

Got it, thank you very much, you're a gentleman!

8. Bartman

I'm just reading through your posts, congrats on your retirement and good luck getting the project back on track.

Funny how we come back to what we've known for so long...... :attaboy:

stangflyer likes this.
  9. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

All this talk of building Mustangs is really getting me worked up. Oh how I love them 'Stangs. Hence, Stangflyer I am. Ok, letting the cat out of the bag a little early. But this has been my favorite since they were introduced a score or so years ago. Yes, only a replica and only .75 (3/4 scale), but totally bad to the bone through and through all the same.

I will provide a detailed list of attributes and complete information when I do my build thread. But for now, just the photo of the scheme I intend to do.

I figure if my friend can have a Kolm 240 cc four cylinder for his Exclusiv Modellbau Eagle, I deserve to have a Kolm for my Thunder Mustang.

Thunder Mustang-1.jpg

Forgues-Research likes this.
  10. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

did you get the drawings by email?

stangflyer likes this.